Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walnut's last walk
This is a beautiful story of a man and his 18 year old dog. Walnut has reached the end and Mark wanted to share one last walk on their favourite beach before they go to the vet to release Walnut from his suffering. It is a beautiful touching story. Any of us who have had to let a pet go know how hard it is. Even if our pet dies naturally we still have to watch them fade away. Finding a way to say goodbye is so special.  Mark and Walnut had a beautiful goodbye.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

I will run out and find a special food that my pet likes or I will stay home and hold them all day until the end. I guess with a dog it is all about taking walks.   They spent a lifetime together. I hope they both were comforted by all the people who supported them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes, I saw this on the BBC website and was going to post it myself, but didn't have time. It is an original idea and certainly meant that Walnut had lots of new friends to enjoy a walk on the beach before he crossed over.
Dear Walnut. Bless his Soul Heart  My kindest thoughts also to Mark who must be finding today quite hard.

Walnut will be just fine once he gets out of that old body which doesn't work very well any more. I see in his eyes, that he has grown closer to his Soul and is ready to let go of the world here.

Heartfelt kind thoughts, prayers and blessings to both of them. And to all those who are moved by Walnut's passing.
I think it is beautiful that Mark celebrated his friend's passing. He did something Walnut loved to do and he shared the experience with friends and with all of us. It was a beautiful thing and it reminds us to share moments with our pets because you don't know when it will be the last.

I also think it will help people who have to make the choice to end a pet's life.  Clearly it was a loving choice and Walnut was ready to go.
Your words describe the situation perfectly:
Quote:Walnut will be just fine once he gets out of that old body which doesn't work very well any more. I see in his eyes, that he has grown closer to his Soul and is ready to let go of the world here.

I hope knowing so many people feel for his loss will bring comfort and peace.
Catherine

Walnut already knows how much he is loved. He will probably see how much the whole world felt for him, now he has passed over.
For Mark, that last special day will always be a beautiful memory. And the kindness shown by others.
Quote:Walnut already knows how much he is loved. He will probably see how much the whole world felt for him, now he has passed over.

For Mark, that last special day will always be a beautiful memory. And the kindness shown by others.
You are right, Mark created a beautiful memory for a day that was also very sad for him. How you say goodbye is with you forever. I think we can learn from Mark how to make a sad day also a special day.
Catherine