Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joint relief creams toxic to animals
Yes Ruth, I'm the same with perfume. I really prefer natural oils, just a dab or two. But I know even those can be toxic for some animals, especially (as in the case of dogs) if they lick a person's skin. The best place for them I find is on the back of the neck or in the hair.
I am not keen on many of the modern perfume scents anyway.
There are too many things we use that are toxic. Basic natural soap and perfume are much better that some strong smelling stuff that just plain smells weird. If it smells weird to us,  how must it smell to a dog or a bird. Birds are very sensitive. I would be so afraid of poisoning them if I used sprays of any kind.

We should be careful what we use for the sake of our own health and we must be careful what we use for the sake of our pets health. Maybe our pets will protect us from using products that are not good for us anyhow.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(11-30-2016, 03:24 AM)Tobi Wrote: Yes Ruth, I'm the same with perfume. I really prefer natural oils, just a dab or two. But I know even those can be toxic for some animals, especially (as in the case of dogs) if they lick a person's skin. The best place for them I find is on the back of the neck or in the hair.
I am not keen on many of the modern perfume scents anyway.

I dab it behind my ears and on my wrists.  My dog doesn't lick my neck or arms but sometimes will lick my leg and face.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Quote:I dab it behind my ears and on my wrists.  My dog doesn't lick my neck or arms but sometimes will lick my leg and face.
That is a safe way of using perfume. I think spraying it all over is bad for people and their pets and is too over powering to the people who have to sit next to them on the bus.

I check all products and decide if they are safe for me and my animals.
I wouldn't use those joint creams anyhow. Sometimes exercise with ease joint pain. I used a heat for 5 minutes this morning and that eased  a pain in my shoulder. I put dry lentils in an old sock an sewed the end. I heat it in the microwave and it is enough heat to safely use on a sore muscle or joint. If a dog got at that and ate the lentils it would be fine. We should always choose the safer option for ourselves and our pets.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine