Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canada closer to banning animal testing
There is a government bill in process and it could pass, but we all know that governments move slower than glaciers.

It probably will pass, but we could give it a little nudge. There is a petition and the more that sign the better.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

There is no excuse for stalling on this. We all know that animal testing is cruel and useless. It is lose-lose every way you look at it.

A new cruelty free direction is the only way to go.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes, it is the right thing to do. It saddens me every time I see the poor animals no matter where they are that are being tested.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I can't sign as I don't live in Canada. Animal cosmetic experiments have been banned in the EU since 2009 and the sale of all cosmetic products tested on animals was banned in 2013. There are a few loopholes, however. See https://www.crueltyfreeinternational.org...cs-testing

Canada is heading in the right direction; if it is a bit slow, well, better late than never, as they say....
Yes Canada is slow to act. Sadly we have had years of governments that had no will to act. Even now we are still moving way too slow.  The only thing we can do is always choose cruelty free products.

Thank-you for the link. Now I understand the leaping bunny logo. I can see how there are loopholes, but the ban is a very good start. There is no doubt that the EU is way ahead of the rest of us. We just have to keep pushing for things to be better. There is always room for improvement.

I hope someday the word lab animal is an obsolete and unused word that people have to look up because they don't know what it means.

Until then we have the leaping bunny to guide us in our purchases.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine