Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forty Bunnys rescued
Someone in San Francisco was advertising rabbits for sale on Craigslist...for meat or pets!
Fortunately they violated some city bylaw and the rabbits were confiscated. Most of them were babies.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

As you can see they were not well looked after.
SaveABunny rabbit rescue has stepped in and is going to care for them and find them homes.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

It is wonderful to see the little rabbits running around enjoying life.
It is a much better fate than what their previous owner had planned for them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Poor little kits glad they were confiscated.
It's good that the little bunnies have been rescued. I WISH Craigslist and other sites would completely BAN any trade in animals, animal parts, eggs....etc.

I heard recently of a young woman who bought an Emu egg on ebay (UK) in November last year. She was a nice kind person, and hatched the egg out. The Emu bonded strongly with her, following her everywhere, and they became very close. The RSPCA found out, and confiscated the Emu -for its own good, as they told her it would need an environment she couldn't provide for its future. I didn't disagree, but it's a bit sad they have to be parted.

But what horrified me is ebay UK allowed a live egg to be sold! Goodness sake! That is a life! Animal trade on those sites needs to be completely illegal.
Quote:I WISH Craigslist and other sites would completely BAN any trade in animals, animal parts, eggs....etc.
You are so right.
Think of how absurd it is to sell an emu egg to a private person. I am amazed she could hatch it. She certainly would have trouble when it reached full growth. I wonder if she had any idea how big it would get and how much it would need to eat.

Sites like craigslist and Kijiji just sell things. They don't do anything to verify that the seller actually owns the item. They do not monitor who buys potentially dangerous items.
They don't even consider animals at all. They let them be sold like everything else on the site. If the rabbits were sold as food how were the people going to kill them. People who don't care can be very brutal in their killing methods. Those little rabbits deserved better than that.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine