Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sick dog walks ledge to get help
This is a pretty incredible story. Imagine the surprize of someone on the 24th floor when they found a dog on their balcony. The dog walked a ledge to get from where it was not being cared for to reach a place where there was hope.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

The dog and others left behind are now being cared for. How desperate was the dog that it would take such a chance.
He is a funny looking little dog and he must have been so hungry to take such a chance. The poor little dog doesn't even have a name.

However he is being cared for and I think there will be a line of people hoping to adopt him when he is well enough.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Oh that poor little dog! He is very brave. He has not only helped himself, but the others who live in that apartment with someone who either cannot care, orcannot be bothered to care for them. It sounds like they just couldn't be bothered, otherwise the little dog would have a name.
It's sad that Mrs Lopez's husband is phobic about dogs, as she would love to keep him.

Poor little thing hadn't even been given a name.

I tried to give a small donation, but it wouldn't work out. The form is just not set up for my kind of address (i.e. no apartment number....no street number... and the North/West/East/ South thing wouldn't work, and there seems to be no option for "UK" on it. Only Canada.

Never mind. My heart goes out to that dog, and the others, and the animals those people help.
Poor dog, desperate dog, brave dog, handsome dog (even when terribly thin).....His actions have saved his fellow dogs as well as himself. May he find his true "loving, forever home" with some other humans who will cherish him (as he will them, without doubt).

What a moving story! When I read the article, I also thought about making a small donation later, but it seems that I would have the same address difficulties as Tobi.
He must have been so scared high up like that, but just kept going because he had hope.

I think that animal rescue (and others in fact who have online forms for donation) ought to open the forms up a bit so people from all over the world can donate. They might have missed twenty dollars from me, and LPC!
A PayPal option is also a good idea. Yes Paypal charge a fee but I don't know what it's like for registered charities. And that would mean more money coming in, so fees wouldn't matter so much.
Soi Dog have a Paypal option. So do other rescues.

This rescue has worked very hard to keep security very tight on their donation page, which is to be admired. But they could have lost thousands of dollars by having a restricted online form.

I feel so strongly about this that I am going to contact them about it tonight.

(I emailed them just now with my suggestion. It was the Toronto North animal shelter Shepard street. That was not easy to find a contact for immediately!)
I don't think it occurred to them that anyone would hear about the story except locally. They will probably get enough donations to help out. I am sure the dog and the others rescued will get good homes.

Can you believe how brave he was.  He is a real hero.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine