Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abusive vet back to work
You might remember the veterinarian that was videotaped abusing animals in his care. He was given a short suspension and now he has his licence back. The Ontario Vet College has failed to protect animal from a man who should not even be allowed to own an animal.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

The people whose pets were abused are not going to forget this. They are protesting and making sure the public remembers what this man did. I wouldn't trust him as a vet and I hope no one else does.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I can't imagine that he will have many (even any?) clients after the publicity. If he can't afford the rent on his surgery because he doesn't have enough clients, then eventually he will have to close down. But this is only because of the publicity.....and is not the result of the very weak action of the OVC.

Another very weak action I noted from the article you cited, Catherine:

"The OSPCA said its still determining whether to lay any animal cruelty charges in this case." All this time later, with videos of the cruelty on file, why are they still hesitating?
Why are the Veterinary Council and the OSPCA protecting this man??
Hopefully the people will have more sense than to use him as their vet.

I am not the sort of person who thinks people can't undergo changes. I have changed a lot myself over the years. But no-one is going to change their ways as quickly as that, without some major 'enlightenment' happening to them, and that probably didn't happen to this man. So he will no doubt be just as dangerous now as he was a few months ago. I hope and pray people will see sense and not take their animals to him.
Quote:"The OSPCA said its still determining whether to lay any animal cruelty charges in this case." All this time later, with videos of the cruelty on file, why are they still hesitating?
Sometimes they baffle me. They will rush in where no help is needed and cause all kinds of trouble and the charges will get dropped for lack of any evidence of wrong doing because there was no wrong doing.
In a case like this where there is a video of the man abusing animals, they are still hesitating. Picking the cat up and swinging it by the tail seems pretty clear to me. Why wasn't he charged right away?

Quote:I am not the sort of person who thinks people can't undergo changes. I have changed a lot myself over the years. But no-one is going to change their ways as quickly as that, without some major 'enlightenment' happening to them, and that probably didn't happen to this man. So he will no doubt be just as dangerous now as he was a few months ago. I hope and pray people will see sense and not take their animals to him.
People change. We all should grow and learn over time. However this is a situation where a man was being cruel to animals.
He was caught on video and that is the only reason for him to take some extra training. That doesn't imply that he thinks what he did was wrong. He complied with OVC so he could get his license back, he has never shown remorse for his actions.

I hope the publicity will keep him from getting any new patients. I would hope no pet owner would let their pet be treated by this man.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine