Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charity Film Award Vote (in memory of Gill Dalley)
In memory of Gill:

Soi Dog Foundation entered the Charity Film Awards a few months ago, with a short film about a very special dog named Cola, a double amputee, who was adopted by Gill.

The film was shortlisted for an award. Voting is now open for the Peoples Choice.

http://www.dogmagazine.net/soi-dog-found...our-votes/
That is a beautiful story and I am glad they made a video. It shows how much good is able to over come evil.
I hope it wins the award. It certainly deserves it.

Gill and Cola must have had a natural bond because of their injuries. Gill learned to walk again and Cola walks and runs.
It is an example of how any difficulty can be overcome. Cola not only uses her new legs, she uses them very well. She walks strongly and gracefully.  She is an inspiration to anyone who has lost a limb.

Cola is also an inspiration to those who make the limbs. They can see how well they work and there is reason for them to keep making prosthetics for animals and people. What a sense of accomplishment to see a double amputee walking because of your work.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I just registered and voted for the film. Let's hope that it wins. It is indeed an inspiring film. How anyone could cut off a dog's two front legs - for chewing some slippers - is incomprehensible. That person should be in a mental hospital for a long time, as s/he could do the same again (maybe not to a dog next time) and urgently needs treatment. As for that lovely dog in the video, it is wonderful how he looks happy and is wagging his tail, after such ill-treatment at the hands of a human.
I agree that the person who did this is dangerous. Their reaction is too extreme compared to what the dog did. They were just slippers. What was actually done to the dog would never be an acceptable response. This person needs to be stopped before he does something worse.

Cola is amazing. He has not lost his faith in people. Dogs are really incredible. They never stop believing in humans even when they have suffered at the hands of a human. Somehow they accept that the rest of us are still good.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine