Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great Canadian Butterflyway Project
The Great Canadian Butterflyway Project is an effort being made to provide safe places for bees and butterflies in Canadian cities.
Patches of native, pollinator friendly plants will be planted in neighbourhoods in Victoria, Richmond, Toronto, Montreal and Markham. The idea is to transform our cities into places where life thrives and bees and butterflies can live.

Toronto has  a number of  outdoor fairs where native wildflowers and native flowering shrubs are sold. If you look at the video, parts of it were filmed in the big park near me. Who knows maybe I was there when the pictures were taken.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

Every year I bring home more native wildflower plants. My back and front gardens are pesticide free, bird, butterfly and bee friendly. I am excited already about my garden. The butterfly bushes have survived the winter. My little patch isn't much, but when you add it to the rest of the neighbourhood we provide a lot for our pollinators.

I live in the neighbourhood of the Home Grown National Park. And yes I sometimes practice Gorilla Gardening.
If a neighbour decides to dig up their grass and plant flowers, I grab my shovel and join in.
Our pollinator friends need all the help they can get.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine