Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charlie
You have some good possibilities. You don't know what hidden genetics you have either. Sometimes what you get from a breeding is beyond anything you anticipated.

This is going to be fun. Watching the babies come out of the eggs is a real thrill.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(05-30-2017, 06:09 AM)Libby Wrote: Unfortunately my return back is not a happy one.  The happy stories I have to tell will have to wait.  Because today I found Charlie not moving.  He was lying like he always does when he sleeps with his feet spread behind him but he didn't pop his head up this time.  He has been sick the past few months.  I was having to catch crickets and feed them to him for the past month.  He stopped running for them.  He had a few good days where he took over again and I thought he was on the mend.  But then he started to lose weight again and it was back to hand feeding him.  And then this past week he wouldn't move much.  I knew his days were numbered but I didn't want to admit it.  I went threw this before with Kate so I knew the signs.  I think he swallowed something because no matter how often I fed him he just stopped putting much weight on and he wouldn't eat much if at all.  Claire who was housed with him seems a little scared.  She will have to stay alone for a few months until I make sure it wasn't a parasite.  She is at a good weight which leads me to believe Charlie ate something he shouldn't have.
He was a social butterfly.  Always wanted to see what I was doing when he heard me.  Loved climbing on me when I would stick my hand in.  I'm just glad hes not in pain anymore.  He didn't drag out like Kate did.  Small blessings. She was sick the whole time I had her which was 6 months.  He only showed signs for about 2 months.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Heart

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Thank you Ruth!