Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charlie
Sorry, Libby, that I'm a bit late in offering my condolences for the passing of Charlie. Still, he is restored to vigour now. Crawl free, little one!
(06-03-2017, 08:38 AM)LPC Wrote: Sorry, Libby, that I'm a bit late in offering my condolences for the passing of Charlie. Still, he is restored to vigour now. Crawl free, little one!

Thank you! He's much better off now.  Now more pain.
Peat moss is the best choice. It does not mold and mold is a big killer of reptile eggs. It holds moisture very well without being too wet.  You can use some sphagnum moss to cover the eggs. You want them to be moist, but not wet. A leopard gecko would probably be willing to lay the eggs in peat moss. The like digging in it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

https://youtu.be/iKnpp5afcN8

https://youtu.be/A83t0Wh7kNA
The egg container I have is a lot like what he has.
Those are good videos and of course I ended up watch a number of other ones. There is something special about reptiles hatching.

The guy who is setting up leopard gecko eggs is very precise. His instructions are detailed enough for you to get it right the first time. Follow his methods and you will be fine.

His egg containers are good. Leopard geckos only produce two eggs at a time and they are small eggs. Corn snakes produce over 20 eggs so I need much bigger egg containers.

You will have so much fun watching the eggs and waiting for them to hatch.
I really hope Claire is pregnant.
Catherine

I'm very sorry on your loss of Charlie. You've had a lot of losses haven't you. I know how hard it can be.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
(06-22-2017, 04:51 PM)Ruth Wrote: I'm very sorry on your loss of Charlie.  You've had a lot of losses haven't you.  I know how hard it can be.

Thank you. It's has been pretty rough. Im kinda taking it day by day.
Any sign of Claire having eggs. It would be sweet if Charlie left something behind.
Catherine

(06-29-2017, 02:29 PM)Catherine Wrote: Any sign of Claire having eggs. It would be sweet if Charlie left something behind.

No eggs. I've checked on her and she's showing no signs of eggs.  I was hoping but she would have laid eggs by now if she was going to.  just based on time line and when Charlie got sick.
You would see signs of eggs by now. Claire is still young and you have another male. If you pair them off they should give you eggs.

It is sad that Charlie didn't leave you with babies. He was a beautiful little lizard Was he your first leopard gecko?
Catherine