Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Arthur" -stray dog rescue from Peru
This is a really good book, given to me last week by a friend. It tells the story of Mikael Lindnord, a Swedish adventure racer, and the dog who latched onto him while he and his team were adventure racing in Peru.

The adventure racing itself is exciting enough to write a book about....but the rescue of Arthur -a golden hairy mutt -keeps the reader turning the pages to see what happens next!

This dog obviously knew without doubt that his destiny was to be with Mikael...and vice-versa. Although Mikael had never had a dog before, and he and his team were under great stress to complete the course. They had no choice. They were deep in the Peruvian jungle!
Arthur went with them....

"Arthur"  written by Mikael Lindnord, published by Two Roads 2016.
I will have to look for this book. It sounds exciting. It seems if you go on an extreme race you will end up with a dog. This is like the little dog Gobi who followed the marathon runner.  You have to wonder where the dog came from. How was it just sitting there in the wilds of Peru just as Mikael came by. Some meetings really are meant to be. After sharing a race Mikael would have to take Arthur home, at least I hope that is how the book turns out.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine