Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to see all posts for a thread on one page
Just in case you only see one post at a time on a thread but want to read the whole thread with all the posts in chronological order, here is what to do:

Just click on the top right of the beginning of the thread, on the box marked "Linear mode". (New members tend to get thread mode by default). This will change the view temporarily.

To change the view to linear permanently, you need to go to:

User control panel;
Edit options (in "Your profile" section);
Thread view options;
Thread view mode - select "Linear mode" in drop-down box
Thank-you for posting this information.
I think I set my page to linear mode right away, I never thought to let others know. It is easier if you can follow a whole thread and see what has already been said.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Good advice LPC, thanks!
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
We will figure this site out eventually. Smiley48
Catherine

That's part of the fun. It's like building a puzzle together. Big Grin
mypetsonparade.com
I actually need to look up the Forum on someone else's computer so I can see what our visitors see. I also need to look and see what the registration procedure looks like. I was already a member before we had a Forum. I had to do this on the old forum site so that I could help someone register.

It is like a puzzle. I am not sure what pieces I don't have yet. It is fun though. I love puzzles.Smiley4
Catherine

..and winter time is a great time for doing puzzles.
Actually, you could just create another account. A "dummy" account of sorts. That way you don't have to go to another computer.
As a matter of fact, if you did go to another computer and signed in using your existing username you would still be logged in as admin and see the same thing you see now.
Anyway, that's what we did on our site. Created a dummy account, that way we could see things as regular members did.
mypetsonparade.com
I was thinking about that. I could register as a dummy account and see what it looks like. It might be easier on another computer. My computer tends to remember things and it is used to just me. It will want to log me in as me. actually I don't log out of things. It saves time.

Have we had any spam lately? Is the plugin Bock installed working? I have not had to delete anyone since she did it. I keep looking at the logs, but I am not seeing anything happening.

It would be good news. Smiley4
Catherine

It must be working then!! Positive thoughts.....
mypetsonparade.com
The only thing I worry about is the fact that we have not had a new member since we increased security. We had mostly spam members before that so this may be alright. The original forum site started slow with members that were already following the animal lover's blog. Then it "took off".
I am not wanting a massive membership increase, but it would be good to expand our group with nice, like minded people.Smiley48
Catherine