Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First time breeding leopard geckos
I hope everything goes well. I've heard horror stories.  Claire seems to be doing well though.  Stuffing her face like crazy.  Last time I fed Jack and Claire she pulled a hornworm out of Jack's mouth cause I fed him first.  Just a bit moody.  Jack was so confused and just kinda looked at her then at me. Almost like he was saying, "can you believe that just happened?"
I normally separate them to feed but I thought I had enough time cause Jack was in a hide and Claire was on the other side of a log.  I was wrong.  She might be pregnant and slower than usual but when food is involved there is no limit.
I still need to get those pictures of her belly.  You can see 2 white eggs growing very clearly.
I'm going to incubate them as females so hopefully little Jamie will have 2 mates eventually.  Have to get everyone to the same size first.
Claire is extra hungry because she is pregnant. She should stop eating before she actually lays the eggs. Of course she didn't read the book so she will do things the way she wants.

It is normal to worry about your female. I worry about my snakes. The "what if" sits in the back of my mind, but things always go well. Complications are rare and Claire is a healthy girl.

Having two more girls will work out well for you. I can't wait to see what colours you get. You wait until you see that first face poking out of an egg. It is an amazing feeling.

Good luck to Claire with her first egg laying and good luck to you with your first incubating.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine