Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green Belt replaces Iron Curtain
The area along the east/west German border, the so called Iron Curtain has been cut off from development and even human presence. This has allowed nature to grow and thrive. After the fall of the USSR the area was at risk of development. Instead the Greenbelt Project was started.

http://www.dw.com/en/german-environmenta...a-40399243

The Greenbelt Project has been a success and it has just recently won a German Environmental prize.
The people who started the project had real vision. They have saved a lot of habitats and have allowed endangered species to survive.
The people are amazing, but so is Nature. Whenever we block off an area for some odd reason, Nature takes over and reclaims it.
It is good to know that this will happen. It is also an odd thought that Nature would reclaim the land from us is we stepped back for a few minutes. As far as Nature is concerned, we can be replaced.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Good! That's more or less all I can say.
It's nice to see such care for the natural environment.
I think there are lots of little pockets of nature around the world. Places cut off by thing we have done. Chernobyl is another area where nature has thrived. I wonder if the Fukushima area will be another green space. It would be worth looking into. Maybe not enough time has passed.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine