Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Help me raise funds for Orphan Puppies.
Niket, I am so glad you found that little pup, and took him in where it is dry and warmer.
That was not right of those people to "adopt" him and then leave him out in a rainstorm on the road! I have heard about the heavy rains you are getting, on the news.
He is only just recovering from serious infection, so it's great that you found him in time to dry him out. I bet you were both relieved. I hope he'll be okay.
How have you all been? Im glad to tell that the puppies are healthy and still live in the park, theres a little home we created for them with some blankets under a sitting bench. By the way, we still havent recieved the fund raiser money yet, because the money is coming from international accounts so they need time for verifying resources, apparently 3 months weren't enough lol.
Anyway, since we managed to pay off everything at our own fortunately therefore the fundraiser money we're yet to recieve which were meant for Vet's bills will be used to buy all the dogs in our area dresses, it's going to be extremely cold in winters so we decided we will cover them up, what do you guys think?
I'd also like to use this opportunity to share a link of an NGO I came across which operates in India.

https://milaap.org/fundraisers/saveanima...e=facebook

I've been really requesting mum to pitch in something for the help so i thought to maximize the effort I should share it more.

Also, if someone has trust issues with the above mentioned link please visit here, the video has been pinned and there cover photo is regarding the same topic.

https://www.facebook.com/milaap/?hc_ref=...SI&fref=nf

This is the least I could do till I manage to donate myself.
I am glad you are still looking after the dogs in your area. I hope the funds come to you soon. I am sure you know what the dogs need the most.  I had no idea it took so long for funds to be transferred. It wouldn`t do if you needed emergency funds.

That shelter is very interesting. The dogs all look very healthy and happy. I hope they can keep the place going.

You really need a vet to go around to spay and neuter the strays. It really helps cut down the numbers very quickly. 
Actually you would need teams of vets. India is a big country and no one vet could do enough to make a difference.

Let us know how your dogs are doing.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Thanks for the updates, Niket! Many blessings to you for the work you are doing for these puppies.

I agree with Catherine about spaying (sterilisation) of homeless bitches (female dogs). That would cut down on the number of poor, homeless puppies being born. But as Catherine has said, that needs money to pay the vets to do the operations.

I am very sorry that the money is slow coming from Ketto. The organisation seems to be based in the USA, as donations are requested in dollars. Unfortunately, the Indian account number system is different from many countries, so international transfers take far more time than they should. But I certainly would have thought that Ketto would have found a way round such problems by now.

If you still don't get your contribution soon, please let me know and I will complain to Ketto about their not having passed the funds on.
It is kind of you to share and publicise the SAI shelter. That is such loving work, and it must be hard for them as they have 75 dogs and cannot afford very much assistance. I wish them well and hope they get the funds they need. My kindest wishes to them at SAI.

I am very sorry to hear it has taken so long for you to actually receive the money from the fundraiser for those pups! But the idea now to use the money (when it arrives!) to buy street dogs dog coats for the cold weather is a very good one in my opinion.
Keeping your dogs warm for the winter will help keep them healthy. You can always use the money for more food. I am sure you always need a supply of dog food.

Is there any chance that you can get dogs vaccinated or spayed. Would that take a lot more money?
Catherine

2 of them died last Saturday. I really wanted to update you guys before but couldnt without tears streaming down my cheek.
We've decided to adopt the last one alive, shes the one who has the worst injury in the first place.

The first puppy was probably choked to death, my mom went in the morning to give them their breakfast, and found the puppy laying dead besides her sister (Mia, shes with us.) The one who left us had his mouth open, eyes wide open and his paws right in the straight position. Mia was very sad.

The second one was found dead on the road with blood around him, that can be a roadkill.

I wish they rest in peace and now can meet their mom and siblings.
I am so sorry to hear that two of the puppies died. You tried so hard to save them. At least they knew they were loved and they had the best care you could give them. 

I am glad you can take in the one remaining puppy. She will have a good life with you now. 
You are doing the best you can and for one puppy that is enough to give her a life. 
For the others they can be at peace with their mom and siblings. They can be happy to know that one of their number has a good life with good people.
Catherine

Oh, I'm so sorry to read the sad news! I just hope that their suffering was brief and not prolonged.

My blessings to their dear souls on their onward journey. It is very compassionate of you and your family to take in the remaining puppy. On the puppy's behalf, thank you for doing that!

You might as well use the money you have raised for food and veterinary costs. Have you received the money from Ketto yet? Or do you have a definite date for receiving it?