Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White animal sightings
There are albinos that lack all pigment and then there are white animals. They are very different looking. White or Leucistic  have colour in their eyes. They just have white hair and skin. It is very rare and very unusual looking.

https://www.theverge.com/tldr/2017/9/17/...m-albinism

Of course my favourite is the Leucistic snake. It is a beautiful pearly white with dark eyes. I have a leucistic southern pine snake. 
There is something very beautiful about a white version of an animal. That white moose is amazing. Can you kmagine seeing white giraffes. There are white lions and they are pretty. Let us not forget the very special pale grizzly bears known as Kermode or Spirit Bears. There is something special about the white animals that are born on rare occasions around the world. 

I still want to see the white squirrels of Toronto. Maybe I will have to stake out the park they live in with a bag of peanuts.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Image Credit: Australian Bat Clinic & Wildlife Trauma Centre

This rare white flying fox is the cutest thing you'll see all week.
Meet Tal'ngay Dha’run— an incredibly rare leucistic bat.

[Image: 11aa_647c.jpg?c=f839]

Is he the cutest or what.
Catherine

I didn't know about "leucistic" animals so this is very interesting. I knew of course that some animals are white, and a few are albino. But didn't realise "leucistic" is a completely different category.

What a lovely looking little creature that white Flying Fox is.
I have a pink/white snake with dark eyes. He is very beautiful. I also have pink eyed white snakes. The albino is pretty, but the leucistic is really striking. The white is different too. It is almost as if the leucistic is white coloured and the albino has no colour so it looks pink and white.
Catherine