Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A tattoo of your pet!
There is a new trend put there. People who have lost a pet are getting a tattoo of the pet. They will even mix some of the pets ashes with the tattoo ink.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...ashes.html

I don't know about this. In a lifetime you can have a lot of pets. You can't do them all. Still there are some pets that are special and it would be interesting to have a picture with you at all times.

I am still not tempted, but some of the tattoos are very well done.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I've never been interested in tattoos. I agree that the ones shown in the article are well done (some better than others). Personally, I prefer photos and a tuft of real fur of a beloved pet.
Haha....I thought of getting a tiny tattoo on my wrist. I have not done that though. It doesn't seem important enough to me, but the thought did cross my mind. I think it's when I found out that white ink doesn't work so well on white peoples' skin. Plus, for me it doesn't seem to matter enough.
But true, there are some good artists work with tattoos, and there are some really amazing designs. I saw a woman in a shop not long ago, and she had the most beautiful tattoo all down one leg. I stopped her to say how nice it was. She was pleased to let me look at it! It was lovely artwork in subtle colours.

I don't really need a tattoo. I have a "tuning signal" for Misty which I can find. Sometimes it's harder to find, but it is never far away.

I wonder though, about the wisdom of mixing cremains in with tattoo ink....the ashes are probably pretty sterile, but they are gritty foreign bodies to introduce to the body even just below the skin.
I wondered about the ashes. I don't know if they are safe or not. I doubt anyone has tested them to see what effect they would have.

I really wouldn't want the tattoo of a pet. I have nice pictures that I can look at.

Tattoos themselves can be meaningful. I have seen beautiful ones. They can be used to express something important.
Tattoos can be used to disguise a scar. They work the scar into the design and it isn't noticeable. I understand that a good tattoo artist can make things look normal after reconstructive breast surgery. That is a work of art and an act of kindness for a cancer survivor. 

Most tattoos are not well looked after and they fade and the colours look bad. Not all tattoo art is good art.
Still I could picture having a meaningful tattoo done some day, something small that expresses something important, like bees our most important pollinator. It is a thought.
Catherine

That is a very creative idea, to have a good tattoo done after mastectomy surgery. My mother had a mastectomy and it is a very large scar. But it is a curved scar and would go well with some inspirational art-work. My mother was an artist, and could see a picture suggested by curves and semi-forms. But I don't think she was in the mood to think of something like that at the time. She was just starting with dementia.
They do better than that after a mastectomy. They completely rebuild a normal looking breast, but the surgeons can't get the tissue colours right. A good tattoo artist will do such a good job that you could change in a locker room and no one would know that you had surgery. They no longer leave women with scars like the old days. 

If a person needs face rebuilding they can tattoo the reconstructed lips to be the right colour. That kind of tattoo work takes talent.

I have seen some beautiful tattoos. The images and colours are attractive  and very well done. I have also seen junk. When someone has so many tattoos that they run into each other it stops being art an just becomes a mess. 

If you have one pet tattoo, what do you do when you lose another pet? Do you keep having tattoos?
Catherine