Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Our Dear Friend
It might be too much trouble for Google to check blogs and delete them except after a long period of activity. 

I have never heard of Google blogs. If they are free that could explain why there are a lot of blogs out there. Can they be customized like a web site? I am guessing yes. Will it help keep The Holy Lance site going if we check on it regularly? Google might just register that as activity and only delete a site if there is no activity. I would think some blogs might be about subjects that are dated and after a time would attract no interest.

Silly question, where are Google blogs. How did you find them to set them up?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Catherine, provided that you are already registered with Google (e.g. gmail), then you can create a blog using these instructions:
https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/1623800?hl=en
You might be right Catherine. Maybe any site which gets no traffic any more drops down further and further in the ratings, and then might disappear (?)

Yes Google blogs are free if you have a Google account. It's five and a half years ago since I did that Misty one and I have forgotten the details now, but don't think it was too hard to set up. I don't remember any traumas about it! Plus you can put your own photos on, and there is a certain amount of choice as to format and colour of the site etc.
I love the internet. There is so much stuff you can do for free. There is just so much stuff you can do period.
Thank-you for the link, I have saved it so I can check it out. Who knows I might want to say something some time.

If we keep checking in to the Holy Lance site it might be enough to keep it going.

I do have a google account and gmail. I mainly use the gmail for news alerts. The whole account is synced to my phone. If I look something up on my computer my phone will know about it and can find it for me later even if I forget what I was looking for.
My phone will upload its pictures to Picasa and I can look them up on my computer later. I love the technology.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine