Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three alpacas cruelly murdered
The owners of GabriellaPleasance and Ragamuffin are devastated. Someone climbed into their field and entered the alpaca's shed and beat the three alpacas to death. Gabriella was pregnant so they killed her baby as well. 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/90...s-break-in

This is a sickening act of cruelty against gentle trusting creatures. I think they are right to fear for their other alpacas. The killers are monsters. Who know what they are capable of. Catching them should be high priority. 

The thought of what was done to the three alpacas sickens me.  Smiley19 How could anyone do this?
What kind of monsters are they. Angry
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Oh, that is terribly sad. Why would anyone do that?? Those poor creatures. I do hope evidence is found one way or another to convict whoever did that awful thing.
(01-14-2018, 06:11 PM)Catherine Wrote: What kind of monsters are they. Angry

Sick and very dangerous monsters.

They need to be found - and quickly, before other innocent animals suffer a similar fate. What they did to such innocent and gentle creatures is unspeakable.

PS Not to detract in any way from the terrible nature of this crime, I did notice in the article that the alpacas were in a shed because there was no more grass and they were being fed only granulated food. That suggests that the farm is very intensive, with too many alpacas per hectare. Alpacas are very hardy animals, able to cope with most types of weather. Ours often opt to stay outside, even in the rain or light snow - even though they have a cosy stone house to themselves. Keeping alpacas cooped up in a shed in the winter is not good, and if they had been free in a field the strangers would not have caught them so easily. Even trusting alpacas would not allow a stranger to grab them - and they make very loud "screeching" noises if they sense danger or are chased. For your interest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQvKM5QPiA0
So they were completely vulnerable in the shed. I wonder if the attackers knew that. I can't think that one person could kill three alpacas so there must have been two or three people. They would have made a lot of noise. Looking at the video you posted I can see that they have a strong herd sense. 
They would help defend each other wouldn't they?

Did the attackers know they were shut in a shed? Is that why they were able to approach the alpacas. You are right, in an open field the animals would have run away. They must have brought something with them to beat the animals with so it was premeditated. These people are real monsters. Who gets up in the morning and says let's kill some animals today.  This wouldn't have been a quick act of rage. It took time to kill all three. So it was a cold act of violence. These people are really dangerous and need to be locked away as soon as possible.

I hope someone close to the attackers turns them in. Someone knows or suspects what was done. They need to do the right thing.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine