Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Hope for Oklahoma dogs
Oklahoma shelters are not no kill shelters and they are full. The only hope for these dogs is a trip to Iowa where the shelter will find them homes very quickly.
All they need is the money to pay for the trip.

http://www.newson6.com/story/37528706/ok...a-for-hope

I wish them every success with the fund raising. Quite literally the dogs lives depend on it. If they are not shipped out the dogs will be euthanized. No pressure here, but I do hope the people are able to be generous.

Maybe they need help from a group that regularly does rescue runs with dogs.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Was that this Tuesday that they needed the donations for? Today? Or next week? I couldn't get that. Maybe I am very tired. I would like to give a little bit to help. If it's today, then it may be too late. It is already Wednesday where I live.
I can't find a follow up article. They were not the only shelter asking for help with over crowding. The long term solution is for them to partner with shelters that will regularly take their extra dogs. 

I suspect they did raise the money. The shelter receiving the dogs would have been able to cover some of the costs. There are also groups that exist to transport dogs from one shelter to another.

Here is another one.

http://abc3340.com/news/local/we-will-be...-community

The shelters that are getting overwhelmed by strays are at least reaching out for help. That means they want to do the right thing.

The Oklahoma shelter is in  touch with a group called Star Rescue. They don't mention receiving dogs from Oklahoma, but that would take time to post online. I think knowing there are groups willing to help will be enough to save the dogs. There are groups who are willing and can help. I will watch for some follow up articles.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine