Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog food recall--contamination with euthanasia drugs
To be honest, she was a real beauty when she was younger, but towards the end her body was very sad to behold, with a horrible black growth all over her eye and spreading rapidly. The vet took one look and agreed that euthanisation was the only option, if Josette were to avoid considerable suffering. She was glad to leave her physical body, I think. So the removal of the poor physical shell was probably for the best.

Here she is in happy times on earth:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Josette was a pretty girl. Her baby picture and her adult picture look so much alike. She had a certain look to her face. I know what it is like when a beloved pet starts to look bad from illness. I stop taking pictures because I want to remember them when they were beautiful. Josette will always be a beautiful spirit and leaving her ailing body behind freed her to be her beautiful self again.

Hours before my neighbour's cat died, I had her on a soft bed. I brushed her fur to make her look nice and took a picture to show them how peaceful she was. I know they felt better when they saw the picture. They knew for sure she died peacefully and without discomfort. She slipped into a coma and then quietly left her body behind.

How our pets leave us matters to us. So does the disposal of their bodies. We would be horrified to think they ended up as pet food. We wouldn't even want a strangers pet to end up as pet food. It is a betrayal on so many levels.
It is also very dangerous and animals have died because of it.

I think the pet food industry needs  to be better regulated. We should know where it ingredients come from.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine