Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Love Your Pet Day
Today is National Love Your Pet Day. 

https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national...bruary-20/

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTFlzOyzvnrDP5C445jBc...RWQW65eYLA]

I should have had the day off. Good thing I had yesterday off and spent the day pampering my pets.
(See thread about a beautiful day with Barrie)
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Well, if this isn't a happy Heart -warming day, I don't know what is!
Love your Pet Day.
Love your beloved companion(s) every day!

When Misty was alive I saw it as my mission to make sure every day was a happy day for her no matter what else happened. Of course, life is life, and some days were better than others. But we had a decent good time one way or another every single day.
I figure if we at least try to make our pet's days happy, then we are doing okay. I am sure Misty enjoyed her days with you. She knew what you intended and I am sure she wanted to make you happy too. 

That is the whole message of Love Your Pet Day. When you love your pet you want to make them happy. That is something worth celebrating.

We all love our pets.
The newsroom people wanted us to see how cute their pets are.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/entertai...354956002/

They are all too cute.
Catherine

I do the same with Sally cat. Though I'm not with her all day long, I always make sure that my visits are happy for her.

What also struck me a little while back is appreciation, and to make sure we show them and/or tell them that they are appreciated for who they are, and that they are good. I often tell Sally what a nice little cat she is. She might not understand the English, but she understands the meaning.

All those "newsroom" animals are beautiful! I particularly like ....the puppy in the boot, and the black Lab in the snow. (snow in Arizona?)
You are right about appreciation. Animals know if they are appreciated. They need that as much as they need good care. One feeds their bodies, the other feeds their spirits. 

I see it in the rescue guinea pigs. They know they have been rejected and something inside of them is broken. They know they were so unappreciated that they were abandoned in an apartment when the owners moved or packed up in their dirty cage and dropped off because they are no longer wanted. It takes a lot of work to build them back up. I have had better success with the guinea pig who was simply starving to death. It was easy to fatten him up. 

I think we better celebrate this day all year long. All the animals we encounter need the love we have to give them.

Arizona has high mountains with snow.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDTx0ufbF31sSRxh4R2vS...SCgF3-ZRPw]

There is skiing in the winter, but the summers are very hot and dry.
I love Arizona in the summer. I would love to see the desert in the winter.
Catherine