Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy First Day of Spring
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWZeGxOb3tOGuG-QkAGVT...OtFd188L9L]   [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRerxYS_PikfrgmtW8ArGx...2xEvNFRB1A][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRh4g-VipgsN7q3CB65pI...Ey1IpUt7P6]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaiIbVIdJIPX3b1ILUqwf...PwJWUd1Xxa][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ70IltQoURmL7Y4NDgDaA...eHH7XN6iQo]
For those of us North of the Equator tomorrow is the first day of Spring.
I realize that it doesn't look much like Spring out there. We are still having snow flurries and the ground is frozen solid so no chance of flowers just yet. Still it is Spring and winter is over and all the good stuff will come eventually.

I did see a Robin and he was singing his heart out yesterday in spite of the cold. You have to love the Robins, they believe in Spring even when no one else does.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFhKcib0Ngh6dVL2guxRX...y8jYiGr8dX][Image: 5323498c9a717.image.jpg]

I am sure it will get warm eventually.
Enjoy the thought of Spring even if you can't enjoy the reality.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Big Grin 
Wishing everyone a very happy First Day of Spring! Thumbsupsmileyanim

Here, it has felt a bit more like Spring today. Most of the snow has gone but up the hill there are still drifts a foot or more deep. But all the birdies are singing, especially the Blackbird, which is always a good sign.
It is still pretty cold here, but the days are longer and brighter. We have the illusion that it is spring. My first flowers will be crocuses and maybe they are there under the winter mess. A few warm days and they could burst forth. Then the birds would have something to sing about.

We won't see a blackbird for another month. The squirrels are running around and I hear rumors that the raccoons are awake.
Soon we will shed our winter clothes and walk barefoot in fresh grass. I would settle for wearing my lighter winter coat and my lighter boots. Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine