Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye Jack
Jack my black corn snake died during the night. I am relieved it is over. Jack was an old man and he has been dying for some time. He went peacefully with Caitrin his mate curled around him. I only had Jack for the last six years of his life, but they were good years. Jack was a fine snake and it was a pleasure to know him.

A much younger Jack and Caitrin when they first met.

[Image: jCzHqjjBFANUBYoFA-TxwI-jffdfHQEKfTgYNe3S...0-h1920-no]

Caitrin with Jack

[Image: ORD-936vhjcK4v5h6q8IrFqk0pulvPpxjxwRmqQ3...0-h2880-no]

Jack with Caitrin

[Image: NeK0uXDKe5LxDA2Rp2cRDGKc7p1zlX4zYkcJZjC1...0-h2880-no]

You can see that they were very close. I think Jack was 15. I have two beautiful young snakes that Jack fathered last year. One looks like Jack and one looks like Caitrin. It is his last gift to me. Jack was always a very loving snake and I will miss him.

Catherine Becket • Only you

[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I am very sorry for your loss Catherine. But I'm glad he passed peacefully with Caitrin with him. She will miss him very much, I am sure.

Blessings to you dear Jack. Go happily and well where you have gone. Heart
Thank-you. I am glad I could give Jack a good life. He was a rehome as an older snake so I always knew I wouldn't have many years, but they were good years. Caitrin misses him too. She was Earl's widow and she was happy to bond with Jack. Now she is widowed again. I have a gentle male that I think she will bond with. David is sweet and after a few days of quiet I will introduce Caitrin to him. I don't want her to be alone.

Jack can join my snake family that has passed on. I have a place behind the pond where I bury my snakes. It is beautiful and it is nice knowing they are there.
Catherine

Sorry to hear your news, Catherine. Be happy in your new environment, dear Jack!
Jack was one of a number of older snakes that I rehomed. One by one I am losing them as they get really old.
I have given them a good end to their lives and they are all passing peacefully. I like to think of Jack joining Earl and Raven and the three of them sunning themselves contentedly. Soon enough Ruby and Caitrin will join them.

I find it sad that people so easily discard a pet snake even after more than ten years. Jack had been a well cared for pet. Why would they have given him up?
Catherine