Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trapped farm animals die in floods in Spain
Spain has been experiencing flooding. A river in the north east province has over flowed its banks and flooded farm land. Farmers were warned, but some chose to abandon their animals. The animals drowned, trapped in their pens.

http://www.euronews.com/2018/04/18/trapp...s-in-spain

The Animalist Party Against Mistreatment has documented the animal suffering and deaths and has filed complaints against two farms. These same farms lost thousands of animals in the flooding in 2015.

Allowing property to be damaged is careless. Allowing animals to drown, trapped in their pens is reprehensible. To let it happen a second time, I don't have a word for that. It is a deliberate act of cruelty that should be punished under the law. 
I am assuming the farms are insured so after the 2015 floods the animals were replaced. No farmer could take that kind of loss otherwise. They certainly couldn't handle that kind of loss again. 

Those farmers should have been there trying to save their animals. Knowing of the flood danger they could have evacuated them. At very least they could have opened the pens and let the animals try to survive on their own. It would have been better than leaving them trapped. 

Angry Decent people don't leave their animals to drown.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Well...I am shocked and upset that anyone could deliberately, selfishly, leave their trapped animals to drown with no attempt to help them.
I don't think I can say any more.
I still can't find a word to describe what I think of such people. Disasters happen and there are losses, but when it happens twice it is no longer  the fault of nature gone wild. The farmers bear responsibility too.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine