Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pets in Hot Cars
It seems that we have gone from pets freezing outside to pets in hot cars overnight.
Everyone knows te dangers of pets in hot cars so why are people still doing it?

http://www.660news.com/2018/04/27/multip...-hot-cars/

One pet would be one too many, multiple animals left in cars is carelessness and a lack of concern for the pets health.

Hyperthermia is dangerous. People need to take the danger seriously.

https://www.discoverairdrie.com/local/no...n-your-car

I don't know why Calgary would suddenly have a problem. Perhaps with the long winter ending suddenly people are not making the adjustment to the warm weather. What ever the reason, the danger of a hot car is real and it can happen anywhere.  Even if it doesn't feel all that warm, a car can heat up very quickly if it is in the sun.

We can't say it often enough. Don't leave your pets in the car.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes maybe you're right. Although there are higher temperatures now (it was 80 degrees recently in Oregon for example)-people are still adjusting to it being Spring, and probably think a little Spring sunshine is not harmful!
But it's true. A car standing in sunshine, even if it isn't so hot outside, will warm up very quickly.
We can often be surprised at how warm it can get when the sun does come out in Spring.

I wish people would take the whole probelm of leaving dogs in cars seriously. In my area, it would usually be a safe thing to do in cool or cloudy weather. But there is still the slim chance of a car being stolen even in a quiet place. There would be nothing more heartbreaking than having your dog taken away in a stolen car. The thief might let the dog out but that might be miles away and on a busy road.
I think one thing is very clear, it is never safe to leave a dog in a car. The same is true for a child. Cars can become too hot or too cold very quickly. Cars can be stolen. Cars parked along a road can also get hit by other cars. 

There is no safe time to leave a living being in a car.

Every year people do it with tragic results. Those results are published and broadcast so there can be no one left who doesn't know the dangers. 

Maybe we need to start confiscating cars when people do things like this. That still won't help will it?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine