Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man kills pets and torches house
This is a very strange story and it is not surprizing that the man is in a psych ward right now. He got the idea that his house was infested with mites. So, he murdered his 16 pets(14 cats and 2 dogs) and set his  house on fire. 

http://wnep.com/2018/05/05/police-man-ki...ith-mites/

If he actually had a mites problem they can be eradicated. His behavior was so irrational. His neighbours were totally shocked by it. It makes you wonder, do we really know our neighbours.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What a dreadful thing to happen. Those animals must have suffered badly. They trusted and presumably loved him, and then that happened. How very sad.
Yes it is said he had a history of mental illness. But that doesn't mean he shouldn't face charges which is only fair. What a state to get into. I wish him well however and hope he heals. But those poor animals.
There needs to be more done for the mentally ill. His illness had terrible consequences for his pets. Maybe if he had been helped the pets would be alive now.
Catherine

From the article: "Investigators say he started reading the bible for guidance, killed his pets, then poured gasoline around his home and torched the place." Once again, a person tries to use religion for justification of terribly cruel acts. He strangled some pets, stabbed a few and left the rest to burn in a fire.

This man may have a mental history, but he deserves to face charges for the terrible crime he has committed. May the souls of those poor animals, who must have suffered a lot of pain before passing, be healed quickly.
Some people who have very serious mental problems get very obsessed with the Bible. It is very sad indeed that this man read something in the Bible that made him do that, or interpreted it that way. Well psychotic people will do anything and sometimes even benign things they will interpret in a different way.
But....the Bible was written by men. (sorry but I had to say that and hope I don't offend anyone.)

I too wish those animals healing and peace in the next world. They will get help there. But what an awful thing for them to process. Bless their Souls.
I can't think of anything I have ever read in the bible that justifies what he did. He does need to face charges even if he acted because he is mentally ill. 

I just wonder how many people around him knew he was sick and did nothing about it.
The animals paid the price for other people's silence.
Catherine

Here are some warnings, from an article written in 2013, of what can happen when people use fire against insects:
https://www.wired.com/2013/10/why-kill-i...ible-idea/

Here are a lot of "insect burners" who made a big mistake:
https://www.pinterest.com/membracid/incr...bad-ideas/

It is almost frightening how widespread the idea is.....This man is not alone in sharing such dangerous and cruel ideas.
I don't know what people are thinking when they spray stuff around and then somehow ignite it. I usually says on the cans to use in a well ventilated place. There are fire warnings and cautions. Chances are, after the house has burned down the bugs will have moved on to another house. They are smart enough not to sit around while the house goes up in flames.

It would be cheaper to hire a professional exterminator. They are certainly cheaper than replacing your house.
Catherine