Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Technology for your pet
Everything we have for ourselves now is "smart" technology. We expect our things to do more. What about things we have for our pets. There are some amazing examples of what is available.

https://mashable.com/2018/05/10/tech-for...hpvRJJbaq3

The iFetch is brilliant. Your dog could learn to operate it and play fetch all afternoon without you.
I like the water fountain. Cats do love running water. The speakers could be good at  calming some animals. I want one of the cameras. If we are going to use technology then it is good that we develop items that are useful to our pets.

I am not sure the robot dog quite hits the mark.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

A Border Collie with a ball obsession would certainly love an automated ball-launcher! I think Border Collies would enjoy machinery like that VERY much!

Robot dog. It depends who that robot lives with. Some determined dogs would make a mash out of it in ten minutes!

The only slightly serious side to all of this is the high Electro-magnetic frequency exposure (EMFs) with "smart" technology. Our animals are exposed to a lot of it in the modern world, and if it were my choice I don't think I would willingly expose them to even more within the home.

Just to reveal the reality of those EMFs, it's interesting to get just a simple battery-operated AM/FM radio. Then turn it to AM, and make sure it's between stations and only emitting "white noise". Then go round the house with it and hear what happens! The EMFs cause great interference, especially near routers, adaptors, computers. etc. And they will go wild near "smart" meters etc. That makes the EMFs very real for us. As otherwise we wouldn't notice them, and anything we don't sense we ignore.
Quote:The only slightly serious side to all of this is the high Electro-magnetic frequency exposure (EMFs) with "smart" technology. Our animals are exposed to a lot of it in the modern world, and if it were my choice I don't think I would willingly expose them to even more within the home.

I hadn't thought of this side of it. 
I don't want a home full of electronic stuff running my life anyhow. I want to stick to the technology I want to use.
I certainly don't want electronics that talk to me.

The automatic ball launcher would keep some dogs happy. I think some would rather have a human toss the ball. 
It isn't really play if they just run back and forth with the ball. Tossing a ball is supposed to bond us with our pet and give us some exercise too.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine