Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chat with your pet while you are away
Smile 
This is technology that I can relate to. I wish I had a web cam just to see what my pets are up to. This would be better.

http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/ideas/20...heir-pets/

For some dogs and cats it would make the day seem less long. Smile
Maybe it would help for dogs that have separation anxiety. As long as you call the pet and not the other way around.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

This is an interesting idea!
I never went away, leaving Misty behind, but in the early days of our collaboration, I had to go to work for four hours each weekday afternoon. I used to leave the radio on for her.
But I think she would have definitely known it was me, on-screen. She watched many videos with me, on my laptop. Her favourite videos were about dogs, pups, wolves, squirrels, and big cats.

Haha -I can just imagine skype-ing your naughty dog, finding out he had scattered the trash all over the kitchen floor, ripped all the Christmas presents to smithereens, pulled the curtains down.....and not being able to do a thing about it!! LOL
Is it better to know ahead of time that your dog has trashed the place? I don't know. I think they are hoping that your dog will behave if you can talk to him. I used to talk to a friends dog on the phone and he acted the same as if I was there. He knew it was me.
I was looking after a friend's cats and one needed emergency surgery. The cat was stressed, but I called my friend and she talked to the cat and the cat calmed down.
This product might really help people with pet separation anxiety. I miss my pets. I wish I could check up on them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine