Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yulin update
Yulin is upon us and much effort is being made to stop the slaughter.
Many animals will die, but many will be rescued. There is a strong anti Yulin movement. All we can do now is hope this year they have success.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/97...uthoritiea

Blockading the roads seems to be an effective way of saving animals. If the dogs don't reach Yulin they are of no value. They become a liability. Traders will be less willing to ship the dogs if they are blocked and can't make money from selling them.
If they can't make money maybe they will stop stealing pets.  I  think a lot of it is the money. Less is the idea that dog eating is a tradition. 
One way or the other the butchery needs to be stopped. This is year of the dog. Surely this must be the year that Yulin ends.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I know Yulin will end. There is so much pressure against it, and within China too.

Blessings to all those who are working itrelessly there to rescue dogs -and cats, and the rescue organisations involved.

I send my prayers for all of them and for the dogs and cats. Heart
I have to admire the people who are there trying to directly stop the slaughter. They see many horrors every day.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/976...res-latest

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/20/dogs-hudd...l-7645655/

I hope knowing the good they are doing is enough to keep them going and help them to cope with the things they see each day.

It is hard to know this horror is taking place and I can't stop it.
Catherine

Blessings to all the people who are working to help as many as they can at Yulin.

And those Souls who will help the ones who cross into Spirit after experiencing such unimaginable horror.
It would be easier to not know what is going on, but I would hate to live unaware of the world I live in. Yulin is one of the negative things that is happening in our world. All we can do is care from a distance and give our support to the people who are there fighting Yulin. 

I hope they are aware of the many people who support their efforts. I hope that they can draw strength from it.
I know they can only rescue a small number of dogs each year. I feel such sadness for the ones that will not be rescued. 
They don't deserve what is happening to them.  I hope there is peace for them when the horror is over. Smiley19
Catherine

Words fail me. This goes on year after year. The brutality lessens all of us as persons. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6591863/yu...-for-food/

This must be stopped. I hope the activist on site can do something. We need to keep up our pressure and publicity.
There is just no justification for Yulin.
Catherine

No, there is no justification for Yulin.  Yulin has to be one of the worst atrocities ever committed by humans.

Now unfortunately eating dog meat is not illegal in China. So it seems the authorities are having a hard time shutting down Yulin, while these things are happening elsewhere in the country and are not illegal, but in their view "just the restaurant trade".
The real issue is that of animal welfare which is sadly lacking obviously.

I have not been able to get Yulin out of my mind for many days. But even when it's over....elsewhere in China and in other countries it is happening regularly, though not as obviously.

I hope and pray one day these things will never happen again or be allowed to. In the meantime we all have to fight it any way we can.

The way the rescuers are finding ways to be able to stop the transport trucks legally....is a great step forward at least.
If they can find a way to microchip pets that might stop pets ending up at Yulin.

The actual eating of dog meat is not illegal, but the way it is done violates health codes and any form of animal welfare law.
If they wanted to stop it, there would be laws that could be invoked. 

I think we carry Yulin in our hearts every year. Stopping just this one location would start to unravel the whole thing.
Yulin is the symbol they rally around. If Yulin is gone it will be easier to stop the rest.
Catherine