Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
82 chihuahuas found in the home of a dead hoarder
The man had been dead for some months and the police were asked by family to check on him. When police came to check on the man, they found his partner living there with and 82 chihuahuas. All were living in terrible conditions. Worse, the dogs were all descended from two dogs so there are problems of inbreeding.

http://www.newsweek.com/police-discover-...ome-993860

I have to wonder that no one noticed anything. Did none of the neighbours hear a lot of barking. Did no one miss the man who died.
Perhaps we need to check on our friends and neighbours more often.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I don't quite understand that story.....the man who had the dogs died. and his body was found on the property....and his "partner" was looking after the dogs? So this woman was living there I presume?

And then this: "The charity helped the woman’s husband to renovate and clean the home while the dogs were kept in care. Four of the animals were later returned to the man"
(Quoted from the Newsweek website)

So there is no way I can understand what they mean there. Never mind.

I am hoping what was said about rehoming those dogs isn't whitewash. Shelters, and charities like the RSPCA usually have a very hard time rehoming aggressive dogs....and for them to have accomplished that so quickly...? Very odd.

It is sad when things like this happen. The man (and his mysterious partner?) must have had mental problems to let things get like that. And a deep ignorance of the dangers of inbreeding.

Anyway I hope all the dogs will be okay and live happy lives in a good environment.
Quote: And then this: "The charity helped the woman’s husband to renovate and clean the home while the dogs were kept in care. Four of the animals were later returned to the man"
(Quoted from the Newsweek website)
I think this happened the year before. I understand that they were part of a TV show, probably about hoarders. 
Everything was fine after the show, but then they got into a mess again. When the husband died it should have been reported. I have no idea why it wasn't. Things were already in a mess again and the dogs were in trouble.

I hope they can rehome all the dogs. Maybe once they are getting proper food and care they will be less aggressive. At least they are small dogs and easier to rehome and easier to send to other shelters.

I wonder what will happen to the wife. She can't be okay if she lived with her dead husband for months.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine