Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam is gone.
Sad 
My beautiful little Sam has followed his beloved Pete across the Rainbow Bridge. His heart has been with her since she died. 
He tried to carry on, but they were babies together and life without her wasn't really life for my Sammy. Smiley19

[Image: ramx_6z43WJmuyLavDEEuXjaXYByXcosE6FndzOB...=w367-h275]

[Image: _DvPxm5ZSYPt7XzNQdMwSELgZpKQwSvBklMg96E6...=w490-h275]
Pete is the small grey snake and Sam is the orange one.
The white snow corn snake is Aurora and the brick and tan coloured snake is Mike. Mike and Aurora are younger. I will wait until the weekend and then I will see who they want to live with.

[Image: azCvSUliViSvVPFZ51S-UCxafS6jXLX2GU1K9zHj...=w490-h275]
[Image: 5zgIq6FPz9BkViN_J4GJsz15l9BIcc_CEt_rctpn...=w367-h275]

This is Sam when he was at his best. I stopped taking pictures when he was dying. He should be remembered as the beautiful creature that he was.
[Image: Zx3pADoimQ6oNiupmW_GJR8LO-ai1a8Y6Frz3-II...=w489-h275]
[Image: eTwUJsDdu85svmyTP48hs3WsfpBgYeaw6qW-fM0P...=w367-h275]
This is Pete at her best. In the right light she was almost lavender coloured. She was always a delicate snake and she only lived 9 years.

I do have a beautiful grandchild of Pete and Sam, two actually. I will post pictures soon.

I miss Sam, but I am relieved. Once Pete died it was inevitable and I hated to see him grieving for her.
I miss them both, but now I know they are free to be together. Heart
I will lay them both to rest in a pretty part of my garden where they can rest peacefully.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

So sorry for your loss Catherine.
Thank-you. I knew the end was close. Every day I have wondered if this was it. He died with his younger girls around him. They were very kind. My little Sammy was so cute. I will miss him.
Catherine

So sorry to read your news, Catherine. But at least he is with his partner now. No doubt they are crawling around having great fun together. But I am sure that you will miss them both.
Bless beautiful Sam!

I am very sorry for your loss of him Catherine.  Yes he will be with Pete I am sure.
Thank-you both for your kind words. I really lost Sam when Pete died. Sam was only half alive. And yet Pete wasn't really gone until Sam died. They were close. I brought Sam home as a baby and a few days later I brought Pete home. Sam was so excited. He couldn't wait to meet Pete and have her in the tank with him. Pete just clung to Sam all her life. She was never a strong snake and he made her feel safe. They were never apart from the day I put them together. I feel privileged that they were willing to share their love with me.  Heart

I will miss them both, but I have children and grandchildren so in many ways their legacy is still with me.

I held onto Pete so I can bury them together. Their bodies will return to the earth together and their spirits will move on together. It is as it should be.
Catherine