Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunter claims to kill giraffes to "save" them
Tess Thompson Talley posted pictures of herself celebrating a kill. Lying behind her is a dead giraffe, a gentle giant who stood no chance against her high powered riffle.

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/87221...-giraffes/

I question her whole pattern of thinking. If for some reason killing some  older giraffes would strengthen the herd, why would she be celebrating it. She is excited about her kill and is now trying to justify it to cut down on the criticism.

The male might have been older, but he was probably one of the strongest members of the herd. If they want giraffe herds to be strong they should stop killing the predators who kill the weak members. Human hunters kill the strong so they weaken the herd.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Saw the photo on the internet made me feel sick in the stomach.
The giraffe was beautiful. Even in death he is beautiful. That is something Tess will never be.

That beautiful male giraffe deserved much better. He should have lived on and become a father and grandfather and enjoyed many more years of life.
Catherine

Tess Thompson Talley has a lot to learn. I hope she will grow up one day. Very sad indeed.
I don't understand these hunters and their need to destroy life. Is their something missing in them that they can only fill with death. It is not just that they kill, they seem to need to show off pictures and boast about it.

This is not the same thing as people from an earlier time hunting for food to feed a family. No one like that ever felt the need to post pictures and show off what they shot. They simply did what they needed to in order to survive.
Catherine