Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mass greyhound grave found in NSW
The greyhound racing industry is still under a shadow because of the live baiting scandal. Now they have found a mass grave with 9 greyhound bodies in it. There were other dogs on the property that were emaciated and unwell.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-12/gr...ty/9986408

It looks like the ban on greyhound racing was a good idea. Two years ago it was banned and then unbanned.
Clearly there are deep problems in the whole greyhound racing industry. This isn't the first incident of animal cruelty.
In the end if they want to fix things and prevent cruelty the whole industry will have to be banned.

I still remember the live baiting scandal.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-16/li...ry/6109878

Even though the video of the possum has expired I still see the incident in my mind. How could we forget the sight of a possum baby being ripped from its mother's back and killed in front of her and then her being tied to the lure and spun around the track many, many times while the dogs ripped her apart.

The industry hasn't improved. It needs to really be banned this time.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Those poor dogs. Both the still -living and the deceased. Very very sad.
Yes it is a cruel industry and in my opinion shoud be banned. It seems no-one gives two hoots for the dogs. All they are interested in -is money.
Every time we hear about greyhound racing it is always a story about cruelty and abuse. You never hear happy ending stories about greyhounds unless they are dogs that are rescued from the racing industry. Cruelty is built into the system because as you put it, it is all about the money. The only way to end this is to end greyhound racing. I just hope that this time some politicians will show some integrity and do what is right and end the abuse.
Catherine

Those poor dear dogs.... Heart 

Greyhound racing should be banned. There is too much cruelty in that business, with dogs discarded like old feed bags or something.
And yes, I also remember that shocking cruelty to the Opossums.
I will see that sad possum in my mind forever. I think she symbolizes the cruelty of greyhound racing. The dogs suffer and other animals suffer in the training of the dogs. This was supposed to be a new and improved  "industry" after they caught them live baiting. Nothing is improved. It is time to shut it down.
Catherine