Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Border Wall an ecological disaster
Scientists have been studying the possible effects of a wall along the USA/Mexico border. They have come to the conclusion that it would be an ecological disaster. It will prevent animals from migrating, mating and finding food. If predators cannot roam freely then animals like deer will increase in some areas and destroy the vegetation. Predators trapped in other areas will kill to many deer and other animals. Ecosystems exist in a delicate balance. Unsettling that balance is a bad thing. We just don't know what all the consequences will be.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/trum...86f49469fa

If deer in an area are too many and destroy vegetation will that lead to soil erosion and the death of many plant species that other wildlife depend on. It could be a chain reaction of destruction. We have done so many things to cause ecological damage.
This is a project  on such a large scale. It could unsettle the balance of nature in the whole border region. I don't think we have ever seen anything that can do this much damage at once.

I would like to think that reasonable people would not go through with something like this. However the fact that the wall is being planned tells us that there is nothing reasonable going on here. I shudder to think of the damage that will happen because of this.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine