Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Human Beings
Smile 
I was a member in the previous animalloverswebforum which no longer exists and this is the link for that site - http://www.animalloversweb.com/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl

It's been a longtime so of course the admin won't remember me. Apart from replying to some posts, sometimes i use to post my arts of extinct animals and sometimes i posted animal petitions and then someone created a separate section for animal petitions itself. I hope all the animal lovers in this forum are doing fine.
Welcome back. Of course we remember you. It has been a long time since an old forum member found their way to the new site. 

The person who held the old site let the hosting lapse. Everything was lost. We couldn't even purchase the name. With the help of the other administrators I bought a site with a similar name and set up hosting in my name with a better provider. That way we won't lose it again. I downloaded better software. EBlah had a lot of problems and was not user friendly.  I set up the new forum along the lines of the old forum. We have expanded the categories and have probably developed quite a bit in the last years. 

So for an old member coming back it will feel like the old forum and yet it won't.  Since I was already running the old forum along with the same administrators before you joined it should feel familiar. 

So how have you been?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I'm ok, thank you. How are you ? I'm just living with the same problem of 'what i'm going to do with my life' thing. I noted this new forum before longtime as well but i didn't joined it back then as i was struck with some problem and thought some other day i will do it. Is that a guinea pig in your signature ? I guess it should be your pet.
Sameer! How great to hear from you again! Yes, of course we admins remember you. You were well known for your artwork of extinct animals and petitions.

It is a great pity that the contents of the old forum were lost, but what we have now (thanks to the dedication of Catherine) is far better than before. I look forward to hearing more about what plans you have for the future.
(08-04-2018, 04:13 PM)Catherine Wrote: Welcome back. Of course we remember you. It has been a long time since an old forum member found their way to the new site. 

The person who held the old site let the hosting lapse. Everything was lost. We couldn't even purchase the name. With the help of the other administrators I bought a site with a similar name and set up hosting in my name with a better provider. That way we won't lose it again. I downloaded better software. EBlah had a lot of problems and was not user friendly.  I set up the new forum along the lines of the old forum. We have expanded the categories and have probably developed quite a bit in the last years. 

So for an old member coming back it will feel like the old forum and yet it won't.  Since I was already running the old forum along with the same administrators before you joined it should feel familiar. 

So how have you been?

I love to join an animal forum. Hope to share things on animals.
This is like old home week again. We have old members coming back and new members joining us. This is what it was like when we got the new forum up and running. If you go back to the first threads in this section you can see the story taking place.

Welcome Animals are best. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sameer, sadly all your art was lost when the forum was lost. You will notice that the new forum has an art section. It has been a while since anyone posted their own work on ALWF. It would be good to see that section active.

Yes my signature is a guinea pig. That was Robbie. He and his brother were rescued from a horrible death and lived out their lives with me. I have had a continuous herd of piggies, all of them rescues. Sadly none of the guinea pigs I had on the old forum are alive now. They have short lives and sometimes I take in very old animals. I have 5 guinea pigs now. I will do a post soon with new pictures so people can see who I have.

I have rescue reptiles as well. I will update that too.

So welcome everyone. It is good to hear from you LPC. I always know you are there watching, especially when you log in and I realize that I have stayed up way too late.(like last night)
Catherine

(08-04-2018, 06:28 PM)LPC Wrote: Sameer! How great to hear from you again! Yes, of course we admins remember you. You were well known for your artwork of extinct animals and petitions.

It is a great pity that the contents of the old forum were lost, but what we have now (thanks to the dedication of Catherine) is far better than before. I look forward to hearing more about what plans you have for the future.

Thank you. Well, i remember your name now. Your name along with Tobi and Catherine is what i remember. I think you are the one who created the petition section in the old forum after seeing me posting petitions in some other thread.
We are the same team of admins, but we have had years more experience with this forum. 
We definitely have a petition section. 
If we think there is a need we start a new section to cover it. I made a point of having an art section.

The first forum post was in the intro section on November 20, 2013. It is hard to believe that it has been five years this November.

It has been years since a lost member found us. It is good to hear from you.
Catherine

I remember you too Sameer. It is nice to see you are back with us again. I am glad you didn't forget about us! Smiley4

I think our new site has many more interesting things than the original one, thanks to Catherine, and Bock an esteemed member and our Tech. support!

I've forgotten now....do you have any animals, Sameer?

A warm welcome too, to Animals are best!
Feel free to post as much as you like in the art section!