Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calf escapes slaughter and lives in the woods with deer.
Bonnie the calf reacted when cows were being loaded into trucks to go for slaughter. She took to the woods. It seems unlikely that a calf could survive in the woods on her own, but she was surviving. That is because a herd of deer accepted her.

https://people.com/pets/cow-raised-by-de...sanctuary/

For her own safety Bonnie was rescued and now lives at a sanctuary farm. That was a good decision to do that. She would have been at risk from hunters and cows are not really suited to live in the woods. I wonder if the deer miss her and I wonder if Bonnie thinks of her time as a "deer".  Nature is kinder than we think. The deer accepted her and helped her to survive. 
She did look cute in the woods with deer companions.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What an amazing beautiful story. It has worked out well for Bonnie and I hope she will be happy at the sanctuary. It was nice of the deer to accept her and not mind that she looked more like a cow than a deer. But that's animals for you. They don't care what you look like, it's what's in your Soul that counts.

I wonder if Bonnie misses her deer friends?
She was a baby in trouble and they took her in. I think nature is kinder than we think.
There is more to deer than we realize. I wonder what other things deer have done that we don't know about.

I wonder if Bonnie acts differently because she was a "deer" for a while.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine