Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop YuLin petitions 2018 Please sign
The closing of the Yulin festival will be a good thing indeed..

It won't be the end of the story, but it will make a massive statement.

China is so advanced in many ways, it is surreal and shocking to know that this horrendous cruelty still goes on there. In Shanghai for example, there is a hospital with the best doctors and consultants, and diagnostic and treatment techniques for some conditions even better than those in the UK or Scandinavia! And probably other countries too. And for a mere fraction of the price paid for private medicine anywhere else.

Yet that country has not yet outlawed this dog eating and dog-torturing habit!
That seems to be true of many countries. They have world class absolutely modern things existing with really primitive, superstitious and barbaric things. It makes no sense to be so advanced medically and have people that torture dogs and eat them.
The countries that make Foie Gras are advanced in many ways.
The countries that still hunt whales are using advanced technology to do it.

Somehow humans are able to be so incongruous.

Stopping Yulin would be big. It is symbolic of the dog meat trade. I think stopping one festival would be the beginning of the end for the dog meat trade. It would tell the world that it could be stopped. The dog meat traders would see the beginning of the end and some would look elsewhere for their income.

I have to believe that the world will change for the better. It just won't be soon enough for the dogs who will die this year.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I saw the pictures and i don't have the strength to see the videos, i just didn't wanted to. Previously i have seen some horrible videos of animal tortures and there was one video which made my eyes fill with tears.
It is very sad, but you can still sign without seeing the videos.
Catherine

(08-04-2018, 04:01 PM)SameerluvAnimals Wrote: I saw the pictures and i don't have the strength to see the videos, i just didn't wanted to. Previously i have seen some horrible videos of animal tortures and there was one video which made my eyes fill with tears.

I also can't bear to watch the videos and some of the pictures are too much for me. But I do manage to sign the petitions. One time I had to prop up a book against the pictures so I couldn't see them, but was still able to see the signing area.

Those dogs (and cats) need our help, and need the world to keep on protesting, year after year, whether it is time for the Yulin "festival" or not.

The first time I saw one of those videos I could not stop crying for days. But what we suffer is nothing compared to what those dear dogs and cats suffer.

Bless you , and a warm welcome to our Forum, SameerluvAnimals Heart
(08-05-2018, 03:18 AM)Tobi Wrote: But what we suffer is nothing compared to what those dear dogs and cats suffer.

Bless you , and a warm welcome to our Forum, SameerluvAnimals Heart

Indeed our suffering is nothing comparing to those animals. Thank you.
Someday the dedication of animal lovers will stop their suffering. If signing petitions helps then it is the least we can do.
Someday I hope this is just a memory of things from the past.
Catherine