Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
found 2 more strays
Well it happened again, 2 more strays found their way to me.  At 6am this morning my roommate knocked on my bedroom door saying I have to come see something.  I had already hit snooze 3 times so I rolled out of bed and followed her downstairs.  She had the German Shepard mix standing in the door and said there was another she wasn't able to catch.  She was late for work and needed to leave.  I had Courtney put the pup in the garage and she left, or so I thought.  I went to feed my own 2 dogs and saw Courtney walking in the front yard.  10 minutes later here she comes with the other one.  We then had 2 dogs we weren't even sure if they belonged together.  So we tied him up outside and then played dog shuffle.  I ended up putting them together eventually and they were good with each other so I left them in the back yard for the day.

http://myparadog.tumblr.com/post/1769350...und-2-dogs

I posted their picture all over Facebook and Nextdoor in the hopes of finding their owner.  Unfortunately zip.  The more I spend time with them the more I get mad.  It's hard to tell in pictures but the white and brindle (male) is very skinny like you pet him and feel bones and has sores really bad on his back end.  My husband and I were talking to our neighbor to see if he recognized the dogs when I noticed his teeth.  He can't be much older than a year and my heart broke.  How can anyone neglect a dog that young to the point he looks like a 15 year old dog?   It is so pitiful to even watch him try to sit down, he's in pain.  I haven't taken down the posts but I don't foresee an owner coming forward.  They are very dirty and stink.  The female german shepard mix smells the worst.

Needing names to call them other than the other dogs we've started calling them Lady and the Tramp.  We can't keep them for one we don't have the kind of money support 4 dogs but also Tramp is pretty aggressive towards our dogs.  My husband Kasey and I have Fennec and Bullet both males and our roommate has her dog Bear a male.  Which makes it difficult taking care of them as it is.  We have to keep swapping dogs.  Lady and Tramp we put in garage when Fennec or Bear are in the yard.  Which Fennec is crazy and too rough when outside so he and Bear can't be in the backyard together and Bullet we just walk for that reason.  So it's been a crazy day.  Hopefully we are able to find a good rescue to take them or find someone who wants 2 dogs.
I wondered when more dogs would find their way to your door. They are beautiful dogs and I am sure you will get them much healthier by the time you find a home for them. You already have a houseful of dogs and two more would be a problem, especially if they don't get along with your dogs.

I doubt you will hear from the owner. If they were lost you would have seen lost dog ads before you even saw the lost dogs.

I am sure when you look around, someone you know will want a pair of dogs. Keep us posted. I like the little one. Is he  part Jack Russel?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(08-13-2018, 03:46 PM)Catherine Wrote: I wondered when more dogs would find there way to your door. They are beautiful dogs and I am sure you will get them much healthier by the time you find a home for them. You already have a houseful of dogs and two more would be a problem, especially if they don't get along with your dogs.

I doubt you will hear from the owner. If they were lost you would have seen lost dog ads before you even saw the lost dogs.

I am sure when you look around, someone you know will want a pair of dogs. Keep us posted. I like the little one. Is he  part Jack Russel?

They somehow know where I live.  I swear it's insane.  I'm super sick right now so its hard to really do anything.  I want to give the dogs a bath because they are so filthy but I can barely bring myself to walk to the kitchen.  So it's all I can do to swap the dogs in the fence to potty. 

They are both pretty big.  Lady is about the same height as Fennec and he's a 50lb Husky.  Tramp is just a tad bit shorter.  I think he's is just a hound mutt.  He's marked up like a whippit but he doesn't quite have the right body type so he has to be mixed with a hound.  I can't tell if he has wiry hair or he's just that dirty.  It's possible he's not fully grown too which makes me even angrier.  They have a safe place until we can find somewhere for them to go.
Yes those dogs knew where to go. Where they would be safe. But it's a hard situation for you, especially as you're sick right now.

Where they are now is 100 times better than where they've been.

I just hope you feel better soon Libby. And hope you can get some help to maybe get both dogs to a safe rescue. Even being in a rescue will be so much better than where they have been.

I wonder what their story is? And I wonder if they are microchipped. Probably not but if they are that person may face animal abuse charges.

They may have been out alone for quite a while.
I am sorry to hear you are sick. I hope it passes soon.

There must be some kind of doggie grape vine that tells them where to go for help. Dogs just know to look for you. 
It is sad that they have been so neglected, but time with you will set things to rights.  Regular meals in a clean setting served by a kind person must seem like a miracle to them. I know you will sort them out and find the right place for them.

It is hard to tell from a picture how big a dog is. They are both going to be a good size then. Good thing you have a place for them to run even if you have to do a bit of dog switching around right now. I suppose you need a run and a kennel for rescue dogs that come your way. You know more dogs are coming. It is inevitable.
Catherine

I would love to have a couple dog runs for times like these. When we move that's one thing I'm looking for is a basement with outside access so we could have kennels down their for keeping boarding dogs. So if we run across more in need dogs they can have a safe place to stay. I'll always be bringing dogs home even if I can't keep them all.

I'm slowly getting over being sick. I keep getting an unnamed virus every so often the past few years and it knock me down the same every time. Starts with a sore throat, and no appetite, then sinus pressure, then aches all over with a stuffy nose, swollen lymph nodes, and completely zaps all energy to where I can't do anything but go to the bathroom. I get it just about every year or twice a year the few times I've actually been to the doctor about it it's always unnamed virus.

I felt well enough to give Lady and Tramp a bath and now I'm not afraid to touch them and getting all dirty. Tramp is such a character. He has a lot of the same energy and mannerism as Fennec which makes me sad that he's being a turd about growing and being unfriendly. It's not really being that bad but if I do introduce them I think Tramp might have to be muzzled for safety. Although he's not being overly aggressive and will stop if I pet my own dogs and he will run over to chew on lady's ears like he's jealous and taking it out on her, which I stop. So he's not a bad case it's just more work than I'm able to do as of right now.

I contacted a 9 rescues and heard back from 2. 1 is full and the other more than likely wont take them for a laundry list of reasons on top of charging a $40 fee each. I sent emails kinda late today so I should get answers tomorrow with any luck one of them will have space.
It is too bad the new rescues are not settling in quietly. Even if you rehome them it would be easier to have them get along.

It is rough that you have an unnamed virus. How can you fight it when you don't know what it is. Could it be allergies? It is seasonal so something may be triggering it. Or an allergy may be triggering the virus. These things are tricky. I hope it passes soon. You need all your strength back.

At least a bath makes your new dogs easier to deal with.
Too bad local rescues are not being helpful. You may need to rehome them directly. That seems mean to charge a fee for bringing in a stray. It would discourage people from helping dogs.

You will just have to become a mini shelter for the dogs that come to you.  Do you have any friends and family that want a dog or two? They look like nice dogs. Definitely a dog run will be on your shopping list next time you move.

Good luck with them. I know you will find the right place for them even if it is a good rescue that rehomes dogs.
Catherine

In our next house I want a basement that is all tile and has a door to the back yard for times like this when we have guests. I could have crates down there and put gates up to where I could even have a doggie daycare.

I'm doing much better now. Still stuffy and pressure in my head but considering I barely had energy to walk a couple days ago I feel a ton better.

Out of the 9 rescues only 4 answered back and they basically told me to give them to animal control. So I've doubled down on my efforts to find the owners. I took them to my Vet and got them to scan the dogs for chips. The brown dog, Lady, has a chip but it was never registered. They tracked the chip back to who put it in which is Clarksville, TN and that's over an hour away. I called them and all they could do was take the description of the dogs and take my info if the owners called. I've printed up flyers to take to all the vet offices and pet stores and to post around my neighborhood. We can keep them until next Friday but after that we will have to hand them over to animal control. One of the rescues said they can keep an eye out for them once they are in animal control. If the owners don't come forward and they aren't adopted out then they will pull them before they get euthanized. Which puts me at ease some.

These dogs are so sweet. I just want to find their home or help them find a loving home. They just want to be loved so badly. Tramp loves to be held. and they both want in the house so bad. I gave them a bath so easily, they ride in the car great except Tramp gets car sick. They just want to play and be loved so badly.
It is too bad you can't find the owner. Of course there is a chance they  were dumped by the owner. It is too bad you can't find a rescue to take them. If you were close to Toronto the rescues and shelters would be able to help you.

Maybe you will be lucky and find a home or even a temporary home for them. They  sound like sweet dogs that just want a home of their own.
Catherine

If they are from Clarksville, an hour's drive away then it looks suspiciously as if they've been dumped. Driven out and dumped.
My opinion is that the owners are never going to call....bu of course one can not be sure of that. You have done your best to try to locate their owners just in case this is a genuine "lost dog" scenario.

Maybe contact vets in Clarksville? Or in the nearby area?  But my bet is it will turn up nothing.

Animal Control sounds like an awful option, but it's good to know that the rescue will keep an eye out for them before they go for euthanasia. I DO HOPE that happens for these sweet dogs!

Is there a no-kill rescue out of state who might be willing to drive down and get them? You never know.

It's good to hear you are slowly starting to feel a bit better. It sounds like a nasty summer cold with sinus trouble!