Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sea turtles dies trapped in a discarded stool
Sad 
A Kemp's Ridley Sea Turtle was found dead trapped inside the metal frame of a discarded bar stool. Someone's garbage trapped this turtle and caused it to suffer a slow death. Possibly it drowned because it couldn't swim properly, trapped the way it was.

https://www.newsweek.com/turtle-bar-stoo...da-1066778

We all know garbage is causing deaths of marine and land animals. We just don't always see the final results. I hope the person who discarded the stool sees the picture and knows what they did. We have to stop throwing garbage in the ocean.  The results of our selfish careless behavior are terrible deaths of already endangered animals.

The ocean is not a garbage can!
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Oh how sad.
What is a BAR STOOL doing in the OCEAN??

Because someone chucked it there. How could they do that??
I felt sick when I saw the picture of the turtle. He died trapped in garbage because someone threw it in the ocean. 
I really hope the person who did this sees the picture and knows what they have done. The stool could have been sent for scrap metal or repaired or anything other than letting it end up in the ocean.

Instead of putting people in jail or leaving people without work, we should have them out there cleaning up our oceans and beaches and waterways. They do annual shoreline cleanups, but what if it were done monthly or weekly or even daily.
We might see a change in our oceans and less chance of a tragedy like the turtle death.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine