Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Candy Company ends animal testing
Another large company, confectionary giant Meiji Co. has been persuaded to stop animal testing of its products on animals. They join the ranks of Coca Cola, PepsiCo and General Mills and 15 other companies who no longer test on animals.
Every company that changes its ways means more animals that are spared. 
Every victory encourages other companies to act better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RthJZ817eNg

It is slow, but progress is being made. Someday we will be talking about the last company to stop animal testing.
I don't know who that will be, but it will happen.
Until that day, we should celebrate each victory for what it is, a step along the road to cruelty free.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

We can only hope.
I can NEVER understand the need for animal testing of products anyway!

Surely the chemists who put ingredients in already know whether they are harmful to people -and in what amount? Don't they? If not they could probably google it and find out!! Or they are idiots and ought not to be working at that job but instead mixing tar for the roads.

Anyway thank goodness this company isn't hurting animals any more. What happens to the animals in their labs now?
Quote:Anyway thank goodness this company isn't hurting animals any more. What happens to the animals in their labs now?
That is a good question. I would hope they would rehome any they still have, but I somehow doubt it.

You are right about knowing what goes into their products. It should be obvious if they are safe or not. 
Of course they are a candy company and we know too much sugar is bad for people. I am sure they can find human volunteers who will eat candy and give blood to see what the effects are. They could pay them a small amount. For free candy lots of people would help out. 
Animal tests tell us very little anyhow. Animals have different metabolisms.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine