Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moose drowns escaping people taking its picture
Sad 
A moose swam Lake Champlain and was resting. It is a long swim. People saw the moose and rushed to get its picture. It felt it had no other choice than to escape back into the water. It was already exhausted and it too much for it and it drowned.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world...21281.html

Why won't people leave wildlife alone! Angry 

This is like those stupid selfies that cause animals to die. What is the matter with people. Stay back and just watch the moose. They would have seen it eventually get up and wander off. That would have been quite a sight. Instead they get to say "I helped kill a moose today".
I wish they could fine the people who did this. 
I hope when they put the moose's picture up on Facebook and Instagram (or whatever site) they admit that they were part of driving the animal to death from drowning because of exhaustion.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That poor Moose. I am so sorry that happened to it and people couldn't understand it must be exhausted. It's about imagination. Couldn't they imagine having swum such a distance? Or imagine it might be overwhelmed and scared of them?

It's the dark side of today's "instagram/internet/you tube video/selfie" culture, unfortunately. People are so ruled by those ideas, they have no mental space for being still and silent, and understanding an animal's ways.

Blessings to that poor Moose.
People no longer know how to sit quiet and watch wildlife. It is all about them showing off on social media. They do not realize that the most meaningful experiences in life are the ones you remember in your heart. No picture can do it justice and a million likes are not worth one moment of the experience. 

Watching that moose would have been a beautiful moment to treasure for a lifetime. Instead it is something the people should be ashamed of for the rest of their lives.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine