Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walmart forbibs employees to act on dogs left in cars
Walmart has a policy that forbids its staff to intervene in any way when dogs are left in hot cars. They are not even allowed to make an announcement for fear of being fired. That is unacceptable. So please sign the petition to ask them to change.

www.onegreenplanet.org/news/walmart-employees-arent-allowed-inform-shoppers-dogs-left-hot-cars-lets-change/

I hope Walmart listens to the petition. The change needs to come at the corporate level.
If there is no change then we all should shop elsewhere.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I think that Walmart introduced this policy to avoid customers being "offended" by staff pointing out that a dog should not be left in a car on a hot day, or "embarrassed" by a public announcement. That is a totally wrong policy and needs to be changed. It is not clear whether this policy applies only in Canada and the USA, or also to its subsidiaries elsewhere in the world (e.g. Asda in the UK).

I signed. Catherine, you wrote: "If there is no change then we all should shop elsewhere." That is surely the way to go, if no positive response is received from the company.
I signed.
Get lost Walmart!

People should just ignore what silly Walmart/Asda or anybody else robotic has to say/not say.do or not do about dogs in hot cars, and instead side-step their stupidity and just call the police instead. Then Walmart stores will have the police inside, finding the owner of the vehicle instead.
Quote:People should just ignore what silly Walmart/Asda or anybody else robotic has to say/not say.do or not do about dogs in hot cars, and instead side-step their stupidity and just call the police instead. Then Walmart stores will have the police inside, finding the owner of the vehicle instead.
That's a good point. After the police have been called a few times they will be annoyed at Walmart. Walmart customers will be more disturbed by the sight of a police car than they would be about a hot dog announcement. If I see a police car in the parking lot, I will go elsewhere.

Walmart is known to be a bad employer and this policy is one of the worst. If they continue with this terrible policy then there are plenty of other places to shop.
Catherine

I have cut way back on my Wal-Mart trips already. I only go there for things I absolutely can't find elsewhere. Even if I have to pay more! I am working towards eliminating them completely from my shopping!!
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
Quote:I have cut way back on my Wal-Mart trips already. I only go there for things I absolutely can't find elsewhere. Even if I have to pay more! I am working towards eliminating them completely from my shopping!!
I haven't been in a Walmart all summer. If we all stand together on this they will start to notice. Walmart has never been good to its employees and I never feel good about shopping there. However, when they are not good to dogs they go to far. I can do without Walmart. We have some really good "dollar" stores that sell stuff cheaply. I hope you have an alternative like that.
We still want to save money when we can.
Catherine