Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Type Animal
Very well done Libby! Graphic design is a wonderful field to consider. I'd like to see some more of your work as well. Big Grin
Much to do here on the world wide web in the area of graphic design.
Bock just recently got some image editing software from the internet. Very well known and the best part is, it was free!!
Since she has been using it she has done some amazing stuff!! She will be very happy to see this new section. Maybe I can talk her in to posting some of her work. Big Grin
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
I would love to see what Bock has done with her software.

You are all so talented and there are such good materials to work with.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Finally here they are.
I had to make 4 compositions. 1 with line only, 1 with shape only, and 2 with line and shape.

.pdf   1 line.pdf (Size: 223.85 KB / Downloads: 3)
Line Only

.pdf   2 Shape.pdf (Size: 240.14 KB / Downloads: 2)
Shape Only

.pdf   3 Shape and line 1.pdf (Size: 245.19 KB / Downloads: 2)
Line and Shape 1

.pdf   4 shape and line 2.pdf (Size: 251.15 KB / Downloads: 2)
Line and Shape 2

I mostly make abstract art because I feel like I have more say in way it looks like. Because no one can look at these and say but it doesn't look like (insert subject here). Each person who looks at them sees something different.
Your art is very good. 28
I can see that you like abstract art. My favourite is the first one. It is more stylized than abstract, but I find it quite dynamic. The simple lines suggest a lot of movement and it has three dimensional qualities.

Did you use Illustrator or Photoshop?
Catherine

I think everyone likes the all line one the best. A lot of people said it looks like a Chinese style.
I used Illustrator for all of them. We are just now getting into photoshop this week. We are going to be creating 2 movie posters.
You are learning some useful skills. I can't wait to see what else you can do with illustrator.

Photo shop should be fun. I hear it lets you do all kinds of stuff.

The all lines drawing is a bit like Chinese brush art, but it is also very modern and minimalist. You suggest things with the lines and the viewer sees them. I like the effect.
Catherine