Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon loves dogs!
I only just saw this tonight...
At Amazon's headquarters in Seattle, dogs are a happy part of the work environment. Every day is a "bring your dog to work" day.

They even make Amazon's "Error 404" pages more fun. On each one is a picture of one of the regular Amazon dogs. I clicked on a page tonight which took me to a "404" ....and there was a  beautiful black Labrador, who led me to this doggy discovery! Which is a lot more cheerful than Google's square face when something doesn't work! Smiley4

This is quite amazing and Amazon has definitely gone up a couple of steps now in my estimation!

Read more:
https://blog.aboutamazon.com/working-at-...medium=404
WOW! I would love to work at a place like that. They are making the work place a friendly space where people want to be and want to be with each other. Think of how much stress is reduced by having a dog around.
That is why we use dogs as emotional support animals.
I would be cool with having a bearded dragon tank beside my desk. I might even be willing to work at a desk again.

Look at how much volunteer work their staff does. That is so good for people and it helps the place they volunteer.

Amazon is brilliant. They make the work place human and inviting. Now I really hope they put their second headquarters in Toronto. It could be an example of how a work place could be.

Why can't all error messages be pictures of animals. It would feel less stressful if a sloth told you your computer had just crashed or a kitten said this page can't be displayed.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I've been a long-time fan of Amazon, ordering a lot of goods that way, as their "return no quibble" promises are honoured without question - not that I have needed it often. This news about the American Amazon site is great! What a wonderful facility, being able to take one's dog to work every day! The dog-themed error pages are an excellent idea, too.

The only downside is that is for the American Amazon only (.com). Neither the UK nor the French Amazon sites have such error pages.
Yes LPC, I always like the way Amazon deals with my orders. Quickly and no fuss.
Whenever I have had returns or problems they have been very good.

But after the dog discovery last night, and hearing about how volunteers are helping animals, I was super impressed.
Before that, I had always thought Amazon was just "mega business" into making billions, and that was that. But now they have charmed me with dogs!

It's a pity UK and Europe haven't followed suit (yet).

I only ended up on the US site last night to read extra reviews of a product I was thinking of buying. The page gave me a 404....and that's when I spotted the black Lab!

Yes Catherine, I think we can handle most things -even desk work -if we have an animal friend with us to add support!
Amazon is wise enough to realize that happy employees do better at their jobs. A less stressful workplace has fewer accidents or illness. I wonder what their stats are on people calling in sick. Why would you want to if you could take your dog with you and enjoy its company all day.

I might start ordering things from them. It would be easier than going to the store to get things. I certainly want to support a company that is so pet friendly. I didn't know they had such a good return policy. I never return things, but it is nice to know that we can.

I don't know if I would get the dog error messages. I think I would. I hope the idea catches on and they use it all over the world.
Catherine

No, the amazon.ca site does not have the dog 404 error pages. Only the .com (USA)
Quote:No, the amazon.ca site does not have the dog 404 error pages. Only the .com (USA)
Smiley6 That's not fair. We deserve the cool dog error messages too.

I am not sure how to see the error messages, because I never really know why I get an error 404 message in the first place.

If Amazon builds its second headquarters in Toronto then it will be easy to ask them to give us the dog message.
I am hoping they will build a dog friendly work place here. It would set a good example.

What if bus drivers could bring their dogs to work. Think how much nicer my commute would be if I got to see a dog regularly.
Catherine

(09-14-2018, 03:00 PM)Catherine Wrote: I might start ordering things from them. It would be easier than going to the store to get things. I certainly want to support a company that is so pet friendly. I didn't know they had such a good return policy. I never return things, but it is nice to know that we can.
I buy regularly from them. It is much easier especially in winter, than trailing round the shops!
I don't know if it's the same on Amazon.ca but here in UK, you also get free delivery on  a basket total of £20 or more, so long as you choose the specific items which are listed for that.

So if I want something, I wait until I need other simple things too, then buy them all for the £20. Along with the item I wanted in the first place, I add things like shower gel, deodorant, or any other thing I regularly use and could do with stocking up on.

The good thing is you can sometimes get deals on many things which are better than the supermarkets. You just have to "do the maths" first to see if you can save. But using that option I always save some money.
We get free delivery if it is over a certain amount. It would be easier sometimes to have stuff shipped. Next time I am ready to make purchases I will look at Amazon and see if they have what I need.  We need to support companies that are animal friendly.
Catherine