Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pregnant Sumatran Tiger killed in a pig trap
Smiley19 This is a tragic event. There are possibly only 400 Sumatran Tigers left. Losing a mother and cubs is a blow to the survival of the species. 
I find myself wondering why anyone would need to trap pigs and why the trap was unattended long enough for the tiger to be caught and die.

www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/sumatran-tiger-killed-pregnant-cubs-indonesia-endangered-pig-trap-a8557671.html

Even if the man who set the trap is charged, the most he will face is a fine. It won't bring the tiger or her cubs back no matter what they do to him. This is a loss that is terrible for a whole species. If we don't work harder at conservation and species preservation so day we will be reading that the last Sumatran Tiger has been killed. Smiley19
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What a very sad thing to happen.

Yes Catherine -it makes us wonder why a trap would be unattended for that length of time. Obviously if a pig is caught, the pig would suffer very much before it died.
But to kill a pregnant endangered Tiger is dreadful. That poor Tiger must have suffered terribly too.
Yes the trapper will just get a fine. Will that change anything? I doubt it.
Too many endangered animals are dying because of careless human behavior. There should be no trapping allowed in a Tiger area. Also no trap should be left unattended.  I think there is a very real danger of tigers being wiped out by people. We take their habitat and there food. We trap them and they get shot for no reason. There are still so called hunters out there who want to shoot a tiger. Tiger numbers get less and less and yet we are no getting more careful of their survival.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine