Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rescuing Susie and her puppies.
This is a rescue with a happy ending. A stray dog had a litter of puppies in a storm drain. Then her daughter also had a litter of puppies in the same storm drain. Someone had to crawl into the pipe to get to the puppies. A small volunteer from Dallas Street Dog Advocates took a flashlight and did just that. Susie had 4 puppies and Chansey had 7 puppies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihUSWTUjNbo

The video is fun to watch. All the dogs have ended up alright and some have already been adopted. The puppies are so cute and Susie and Chansey are beautiful dogs.
I do think the person who crawled into the storm drain is amazing. That would have been difficult and a little scary. It was worth it to rescue so many dogs and give them a chance.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What a great rescue!

Susie and Chancey found a good place to have their puppies. It was safe and enclosed and would have been weather proof. They did a good job, but couldn't understand that if heavy rain came they would all be in danger.
Plus, 13 living as stray dogs would have had a very unhappy life.
I am glad these rescuers got them out!

Yes Susie and Chancey are both beautiful dogs and it's wonderful to see them adjusting to a proper life.

I liked that little howly pup Smiley4
That little howly pup was cute. All the pups were nice looking. Even given the circumstances, the moms and puppies were 
doing fairly well. Life on the streets would have been tough and a rain storm could have been fatal. It is good that they were rescued when they were. I hope Susie finds a loving home. She tried so hard to do what is right for her puppies.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine