Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop bull fighting
Quote:This Poor Bull Broke Both Its Hind Legs at a Bullfight

A new, heart-wrenching video clip shows a bull dragging itself on the ground after breaking its two hind legs at a bullfight in Mejorada del Campo, Spain. It's already hard to believe that the brutal torture of bulls for entertainment continues to exist and thrive in Spain, but videos like this — that show the lack ofcare these bulls receive — make it clear why the practice can no longer continue.

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/751/589/748/
I looked up the incident. The ramp the bull was coming down was too high off the ground at the  bottom and the bull fell the last distance and broke its legs. Bull fighting is terrible and the bull was there because of bull fighting. This however was careless transportation of an animal. Because of his great size any kind of a drop would endanger his legs.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/16/bull-drag...l-8042564/

There needs to be stricter regulation of animal transport to protect animals from such accidents.
And there really does need to be an end to bull fighting. It is a cruel and archaic sport.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I signed. Bullfighting is extremely cruel and results in a lot of suffering prior to death - just in order to entertain people! Yet another example of people watching suffering for entertainment....what does that say about humans?!

From the article: "It is unclear whether the authorities are investigating the case or if the bull had to be put down due to its injuries." I certainly hope that the poor bull was euthanised by a vet quickly. To be honest, that would be a better way to die than the extreme suffering it would have to undergo inside the bullfight ring.
I looked at more than one article and I posted the best one. I think I read in one of them that the bull was euthanized. There would be no way to help him. His injuries were severe. They say his back legs were both broken. It looked more like he broke his back and was paralyzed. Still, all the articles insisted that his legs were broken.

His end would have been quick and merciful. It is sad when the injured animal that has to be put down is considered the lucky one.

Bull fighting is inherently cruel. It's purpose is to kill a bull after torturing it.  How can a country consider itself civilized when they torture animals for entertainment.
Catherine

(10-26-2018, 03:44 PM)Catherine Wrote: Bull fighting is inherently cruel. It's purpose is to kill a bull after torturing it.  How can a country consider itself civilized when they torture animals for entertainment.
It's indeed one of the most cruel "shows" I ever seen (not live, of course, I couldn't stomach it).
I thinks it's less popular, but it's still happening in a lot of cities.
Bull fighting is gradually losing popularity. I think some day it will be banned. That does nothing to help the animals that will suffer until then.
It is sad how many barbaric pastimes are still happening in the 21st century. Humans should have moved way past these things by now.
Catherine