Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monsanto weed killer found in pet food
Monsanto weed killing chemicals have already been found in grain and cereal that humans consume. Now the chemicals are being found in pets foods. The concentrations are worse in human foods, but they are still dangerous in pet foods.

https://www.rt.com/usa/442309-glyphosate...od-cereal/     

I don't know what we are going to do, but I do know that Monsanto needs to be accountable for the harm they cause.  Studies will have to be done to determine if pets have been harmed by the chemicals. 

I don't know what it is going to be safe to feed out pets. At least we know there is a problem.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It stands to reason that Monsanto weed killer (presumably RoundUp?) is going to be found in many foods. Any foods that originate from mass-produced grains, cereals, or vegetables that aren't organic, are going to have traces of these chemicals in them, whether pet food or human food..
It's a plague quite honestly. It's everywhere, in everything nowadays.

Buying organic is the only solution. And of course any foods which are organically-sourced are usually much more expensive. Not everyone can afford them, for themselves, or for their pets.

It seems a safer weed control and pest control solution has to be found.

Meanwhile Monsanto will be proclaiming that such trace amounts are "safe".  But of course they will be accumulative. On the back of this of course, are the huge profits made by the pharmaceutical industry....
Quote:Meanwhile Monsanto will be proclaiming that such trace amounts are "safe".  But of course they will be accumulative. On the back of this of course, are the huge profits made by the pharmaceutical industry....

The big companies work together. Monsanto creates the illness and the drug companies make the money treating it.

We have contaminated everything. We should learn to tolerate some level of pests. We want only perfect vegetables. I assume the dog food is contaminated because of the grain in it.  Should dog food even have that much grain. 
Sometimes organic vegetables are not available and when they are they are much more expensive.  
I have no idea what the average person can do to be food safe.  I try to eat more local grown foods and I buy the imperfect ones. They sell them in bigger bags for much less cost. I have guinea pigs to feed and they eat a lot of vegetables. If the vegetables were contaminated it could seriously harm the guinea pigs. All our pets are at risk. I doubt Monsanto will ever choose to admit responsibility unless we force them.
Catherine

Glyphosate is everywhere, almost worldwide. It is being sprayed and poured on gardens, paths, parks and of course....farmers' fields. Humans don't want or haven't got the time (allegedly) to get rid of weeds manually, so they resort to these dangerous chemicals.

The worst of it all is: no-one knows what is a "safe" tolerance level. Yet its use is still permitted.

The chemical has probably entered into pet food via the grains and vegetables added, but of course the farm animals killed have also been grazing on chemical-soaked fields or been given animal feed which was sprayed prior to harvesting. For Forgy I buy human-consumption grade beef, grind it and mix it with some home-grown vegetables. To that mix I add a daily multi-vitamin and mineral crushed tablet, to ensure that nothing is missing.

For those with no garden or limited finance to buy organic, there are (sadly) no options left. Glyphosate will almost certainly be present.

BTW Monsanto is also notorious for pushing "new" seeds for farmers and gardeners, which cannot be recycled (i.e. keeping seeds for next year won't work). Little wonder Monsanto is unpopular - but it still succeeds in making massive profits. This is because farmers and gardeners cannot be bothered to clear weeds manually.
Monsanto has become an evil entity. If you want to make a terrifying horror film, make it about a chemical company that has run wild contaminating the whole world with its dangerous chemicals. The scary thing is that it would be a documentary.

The best I can do is buy local and avoid anything from countries that are not regulated. We have no idea what the long term consequences of exposure to glyphosate will be. Maybe the increase in certain diseases is because of it. We just don't know yet.

When we do know, it will be too late.
No company should be so powerful that it is allowed to poison the world for profit.
Catherine