Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Python found in Good Will donations
A Good Will worker found a python in a Good Will donation box. 
First let me say this: Why do these things never happen to me? I would be so happy!

The Good Will staff are caring for the snake until its owner is found or a new home is found.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/python-pres...-1.4161818

I am really glad the staff are caring for the snake. From the picture it looks like they are doing a good job. There was a time when the snake would have been killed. No one would have tried to help him. We have come a long way in our concern for reptiles.
How did the snake get there? It is an albino so it is valuable. I can't think that it was deliberate. The snake might have been hiding in an item that was donated. Snakes can slip through small spaces. At least the story has a happy ending. Even if the snake doesn't go home he will be going to a home with someone. Maybe the staff who had enough sense to set the snake up properly should take him. It is a beautiful snake.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I'm glad he's safe. His people might be looking for him. My guess is he just went in the box for a sleep and the people didn't know.
Well hopefully now it's been publicised, the people might hear of it and be able to claim him?  Of course, the Goodwill people would probably not remember who left the box, or have any way to contact them.
But how would they go about proving that they are the "owners"? As he's a valuable snake, anyone could say he is theirs.
I suppose photos of him would do...
Everyone has pictures of their snakes and the snake would know his own people.
If they wanted  to give up the snake it wouldn't make sense to give it too the good will. There are better places. Any reptile store would take a snake like that.

They may not know the snake is missing. They might think it is hiding in the house still.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine